Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International reply coupons

Options
  • 31-05-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I need the last word on International reply coupons...

I have just returned from my local post office (in Co.Cork) where I was told that they do not sell International Reply Coupons, my jaw hit the ground. They could offer no suggestions other than to " maybe send money with your letter to cover the cost in the receiving county". I smiled polietly and left.

According to the offical site Ireland is a member of the UPU, so why would they not sell the coupons here (in Ireland)?

It is vitally important that I get a hold of some quickly! Is it possible to have someone buy them for me in North America and ship them to me over here so that I can in turn include them in letters sent to North America? (I need them for A4 or "letter" sized envelopes.)

Please any help on this matter is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Jess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Was it a main post office, or a sub post-office. If it's a small, sub post office they might not carry them/the staff member might not have a clue - try one of the main post offices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Have you tried getting them on the net? Also, i think the US post office have a scheme where u print up stamps over the net.

I think you should call the GPO in dublin and Cork's main post office and enquire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I got the same answer a couple of months ago, and I'm *nearly* sure it was the GPO I tried to get them in.

Sorry if thats the case.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

AFAIK (and this is from the depths of memory) we pulled out of selling them a good few years ago. I think they were implicated in a scam where you could buy them in country A for X and exchange them in country B for y (where y > x) and tehrefore make a profit. This was all well and good when only small amounts were in use but supposedly once this happened in a big way the plug was pulled...

Advertisement