Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret Piercing

Options
  • 31-05-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭

I got my labret pierced with a "stud" today. The back of the "stud" is rubbing off my gums, is this normal? I got it pierced in Metalmorphosis (I know people here don't think highly of them, but I've never had a problem with them) and the girl who did it said it's usual and when I get a smaller stud it will stop rubbing. Will it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

no, probably not. chances are you'll end up with receeding gums.

check out bme or do a search or something for more information. i have labret stud a year now, and while my gums receeded, they only went so far and stopped. however the roots of your teeth can be damaged, teeth can become loose or very painful.

switching to a shorter stud may help a little, but not by much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

bennyx_o wrote:
    I got my labret pierced with a "stud" today. The back of the "stud" is rubbing off my gums, is this normal? I got it pierced in Metalmorphosis (I know people here don't think highly of them, but I've never had a problem with them) and the girl who did it said it's usual and when I get a smaller stud it will stop rubbing. Will it?

Cheers.

If you went to a decent piercing studio you would have been told what to expect(Snakebite will lecture you good). You will always get the labret stud rubbing against the gum but more so the way it is now. Mine used to rub off my teeth a bit too often so I had it removed.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I was told it would rub, but I was told it would stop when I got the smaller stud.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You can buy rubber backed labret studs which I believe alleviate the problem.
    Richie

Do all the piercing shops have them?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Made a mistake about the rubber backed labret studs.They are very hard to find but acrylic studs seem to stop the recession and these are much easier to come by.Think theyre called bio-plast jewellery.
    Richie

Ah right, cheers. :)

Advertisement