Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transformers comics returns

Options
  • 31-05-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

hi guys,

I know there a love 'em / hate 'em divide over the late Dreamwaves comics transformers series, but it looks like a new publisher has been chosen by Hasbro to continue on the comics. It looks like it will 'reboot' the continuity not continue on from the stories set down in Dreamwaves seriers (doh!)

details are here

cheers
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Dreamwave's G1 = utterly crap cartoon fanboy mess
    Brad Mick = terrible writer
    Pat Lee = awful comic strip artist / underhanded shyster

Like Dreamwave before them, I'll give IDW a chance to prove themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Belle Ende wrote:
    Dreamwave's G1 = utterly crap cartoon fanboy mess
    Brad Mick = terrible writer
    Pat Lee = awful comic strip artist / underhanded shyster

Like Dreamwave before them, I'll give IDW a chance to prove themselves.

hmmm..I have to admit I did like the G1 comic,twas a guilty pleasure of mine, but you are right in saying that there was a HEAVY fanboy element in the writing there.......but they did seem to be going somewhere with the overall War Within / G1 arc...to bad they never got to finish it (or maybe a good thing...who knows... :) )

I see Pat Lee is drawing Ironman now......who is starting to look a lot like an autobot...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I see Pat Lee is drawing Ironman now......who is starting to look a lot like an autobot...

Captain America: Avengers, fall back! Tony, get us out of here!

Iron Man: Feck. /transforms into lorry

Epitaph wrote:
    Captain America: Avengers, fall back! Tony, get us out of here!

Iron Man: Feck. /transforms into lorry

LOL! :D

Apparantly Tom Cruise is playing Ironman in the upcoming Ironman move....and i heard a VERY disturbing rumour that George Clooney is going to be the voice of Optimus Prime in the up coming transformers movie.....but he's such a good doctor...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Brian Bendis mentioned in passing in his recent interview about House of M that people keep giving out to him because the new Iron Man looks like a Gundam. Still, I'd rather see ongoing innovation in the suit design than the same old thing again and again.

As for tom cruise...any links on that? I think he'd be a crap Iron Man 'cos he's too much of a famous face, but hell, so long as it's not Leonardo Di Caprio (who, according to popular rumour, was basically begging for the role a while ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

That's just for House Of M.
    he's not the regular Iron Man artist.
    Adi Granov is doing Iron Man, at the moment, scripted by Warren Ellis, and the Art is unbelievable!
    It's a very slow title, only coming out every two or three months, but I'd advise it for anyone!

That's just for House Of M.
    he's not the regular Iron Man artist.

Your quite correct, I should have specified. :D

Advertisement