Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 Brake Light Problem

Options
  • 31-05-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

The brakelights on a 206 are on from the moment the engine is switched on - the brakes are working fine. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

if you look under the passenger dash, theres like a small round plug that you'll be able to see. Chances are a passenger accidentally kicked that.
    Happened mine once, easily fixed! You might need to take it out and put it back in, no hassle at all!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Cheers divers - I'll have a look and see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

cool!!
    lemme know if it works!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If that doesn't work then it is probably the switch behind the brake pedal is stuck or being pressed in somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I often see Peugeot 206s with the brake lights on permanently. I've wondered about whether it must be a particular design fault with them. I've also wondered how many of the people driving them realise. Obviously it's very dangerous. I guess there'd be less if people only checked that their lights worked properly. I told one chap driving a 206 that his brake lights were on permanently. He looked at me blankly for a bit and then said ah yeah, he knew about it - didn't seem to care much either way. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Divers - worked brilliantly - thanks a million.

What a stupid place for the plug - it was probably me who knocked it out:D

Advertisement