Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men ; how often do you shave?

• 31-05-2005 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

This is one for the men rather than the boys I think ;)

How often? 129 votes

Every day
    0% 0 votes
    Twice a day!
    21% 28 votes
    Every 2nd day
    2% 3 votes
    Twice a week
    22% 29 votes
    Once a week
    31% 40 votes
    More than once a week
    21% 28 votes
    Im Johnny Vegas, I dont shave
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Shave what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

not nearly as often as i should
    once every 3/4 days
    (and yes i have a job and a gf ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

shave maybe once a week. im 26, and haven't got a very heavy growth. its deadly!
    i'd hate to have to shave everyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Every second day for the old cookie duster and beard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

kasintahan wrote:
    Shave what?

Im tempted to say "ar*e" but we'll stick with facial grooming for now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Little under twice a week. Hopefully at this rate by the time my beard actually requires shaving every day I'll be too senile to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

When ever I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

every day but i always have a bit of a breard...i like it! to be clean shaven id have to do it every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

MiCr0 wrote:
    not nearly as often as i should
    once every 3/4 days
    (and yes i have a job and a gf ;) )
    Snap.

Sometimes I wait until it starts to itch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Once or twice a month, don't have to shave for work. Got about an inch/ inch and a half of a goatee going on,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Any time I notice the old soup strainer needs a bit of a trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I need to shave more than once a day
    Realisticly, I shave once every day or two - but I'll shave twice on a day if I have a meeting at work in the morning and town in the evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Voted every second day but sometimes I will only save once or twice a week. Have been told I should shave twice a day :eek: My hair grows fast and its really dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

Have had an assortment of facial hair over the years. From the early Gerry Adams days when I was 20 ( everyone thought i was 30 +) , to a more sophisticated Art school goatee with side burns, to the final swashbucking Errol Flynn look which resulted in my being nicknamed The Earl. In my mid thirties respectable stage now and miss the facial locks if only for the fact that I hate shaving. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I need to shave every day or two but I only shave about twice a week.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Every day, but if I'm going somewhere in the evening that I have to look a bit smarter than usual I'll have to shave again. Seems to run in the family, my father and grandfather both have/had strong growths that could need shaving twice a day. Can't let it grow either because although I have brown hair, my beard grows red, which seems to be a fairly common Irish trait. Major pain in the ass if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Every two or three days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I used tio have to shave every day but now I have a beard so I only use a trimmer every 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

well isn't this handy, i shaved, well trimmed the old facial hairs last night for the first time in about 6 weeks, its kinda nice feeling a cool breeze on your cheeks again... i missed that so i did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I shaved yesterday for the first time in 9 months or so (job interview). I feel so naked without my beard!

Usually though, before I had the beard I shaved every 2-3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I nearly have to shave everyday, my stubble grows really fast, give me a week and i'll have the start of a beard going on. I really envy people that have really slow growing stubble, the lucky feckers and get away with shaving only twice a week or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I shave 2-3 times a week. I have light hair, so you cant really notice a bit of stubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

2 months shy of my 20th birthday and all I can say is ..... eh never!

What the hell like! I have less hair on my arms than most girls, I'm like a sleek, hairless swimmer or something, very odd.
    On the plus side I'll never, ever have a hairy back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

4 to 5 times a week, unless I want a really good shave for something, in which case I'll let it grow for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shave my face every day (except when I know I'd miss the bus if I do), and I sahve my head every 3 to 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

About twice a week, sometimes just the once. Most I get with that is a bit of goatee stubble.. not sure which makes me look younger tbh - the clean shaven look or having the untrimmed facial hair of a 16 year old (I'm 21).

If it would grow properly I'd probably shave less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

my guy shaves 2-3 times a week but he sometimes doesnt bother (this i love)

i hate that sand paper effect the next morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

****, I clicked twice a day, instead of every second day by mistake.
    Well, yeah every second day for me. But I'm 19 so I suppose that might increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

*Page* wrote:
    my guy shaves 2-3 times a week but he sometimes doesnt bother (this i love)

i hate that sand paper effect the next morning!

Try it on your thighs ;)

Every day here. I used to know a guy who was twice a day, he was making it worse, the more you shave the quicker the growth. Once in a while I'll let it go for 4 to 5 days but it doesnt suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

ye that and other places is where i dont like it all sand paper like!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

If i leave it for more than a month i look like a wookie not right i tell you, it is fun i can experiment with styles e.g. The Hitler, Dave Gorman mutton chops ect might go for the lemmy style next
    Lemmy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Glipmac wrote:
    might go for the lemmy style next
    Dont forget the cowboy hat and two warts, then you'll be set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I might need to shave more, but twoce a week is all I'm arsed doing. I'm 18 and I could pass for 30 if I let it grow long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I have to shave every day, but can get away with every second day. My school's mad strict on facial hair, so I can hardly ever take a break! I'm 17..

While we're on the subject.. Does anybody know of a way to get rid of facial hair for good? It's certain parts I wanna keep smooth, such as the side of the neck, cheeks etc. I was never really taught how to shave when I was a wee one, so my neck's starting to get stubble, worst is that it's going lower, and gives me a rash if I wear a collar. Basically, I wanna shorten up the neck and reduce the width. I don't mind if it's a girly technique, or painful, aslong as it's reasonably cheap

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you can get lazer treatment, afaik

me, i shave every day, cause i'm a hairy bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

twice a week as i have a beard, only shave to keep it neat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

clicked twice a week but there are times it's a few weeks at a time.

when the g/f is home, 2-3-4 times a week...

shaved yday but trying to cultivate a fashion accessory atm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Currently (voluntarily) unemployed so only every second day usually.

When in gainful employment, every day on week days but might give it a miss on Saturdays but if I was heading out for the night would usually shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've heard of this shaving lark, and I disapprove strongly. You big nancies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Sarky wrote:
    I've heard of this shaving lark, and I disapprove strongly. You big nancies.

I concur, back onto the longboat! We have towns to pillage and plunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Shave when i feel like it but would have to shave everyday, probably twice to keep it clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

he more you shave the quicker the growth

False.

I shave once a week. I have a bit of stubble around my chin but it's starting to come in on my neck & sideburns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

should shave at least daily.... too lazy too basically... so fùcking expensive too.... €11 quid for some blades feck that...

have a line of neatly trimmed beard going from my sideburns down around my chin [no moustache] and find that it really helps keep me motivated to keeo shaving, basically it looks better if its well maintained, if it wasnt for that i'd never shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

whenever i feel i have to

now i know what i need to do tonight

thanks thread

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

everyday every bloody day, and its a pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Meh, once or twice a week.
    I'm lazy when it comes to shaving, but I can't grow a full beard so I just look like a scruff if I let it go too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Every second day if I remember.

I can't let it grow too much because my beard is pure "see through" blond versus my hair which is dark brown.

It looks amusing if I don't shave for a month or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I shave when I feel like it. Maybe once or twice a week.. or maybe once a month.. it all depends on if I want to or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Usually every 4-5 days... I'm still only 19 and I'm nearly fully developed OK! Sometimes I do like to go all scruff so it could be as long as 2 weeks but all in all I hate shaving.... it brings out the spots..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr Cox's Ego

Forgot to mention my own routine. Once a day, twice when I was in college and had to go to work that night. Sometimes I let it go for a few days to get a really good shave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement