Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passing/Passed driving test 1st/2nd/3rd time?

Options
  • 31-05-2005 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Ive me driving test coming up in a month or 2 away and my sister has hers next month.
    Im just wondering whats the aveage 1st time pass rate here amongst boards drivers.

Which sitting did you pass after: 20 votes

1st time
    0% 0 votes
    2nd time
    80% 16 votes
    3rd time
    10% 2 votes
    more than 3
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Passed it first time. I was on my second provisional license as I wanted as much experience as possible so that I would not need to do the test a second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Im on my 2nd provisional too. Im hoping to try pass it 1st time round. I know all the road signs, and the new under bonnet stuff they ask now too, and I can drive it no bother. Its just ive fook all real town traffic experience, and reckon i might get caught out on something simple or stoopid.

Ive read the rules of the road book and all that, but is there a booklet with astual driving tips. And do you have to pull up the handbrake everytime you stop in traffic?? It doesnt say that in the rules of the road, so how are canditates supposed to know that. Is there a booklet i dont know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Handbrake now supposidly has to be left down at lights, to save injury if your rear ended, I thought it funny if you are rear ended into a busy junction then whiplash would be the least of your worries!

Advertisement