Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibb antenna??

• 31-05-2005 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi

i have just ordered the breeze package and am awaiting installation. however i will have to get the antenna on my roof. turns out the management company of the apartments do not allow external devices outside apartments.

would it be possible to put the antenna on a balcony, and still receive a signal, or does it have to be directly in the line of sight to receive it? the balcony would be on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor block.

how big is the antenna also? could it be concealed in a balcony if it was in the line of sight??

it all a bit confusing!!

cheers for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

hi

i have just ordered the breeze package and am awaiting installation. however i will have to get the antenna on my roof. turns out the management company of the apartments do not allow external devices outside apartments.

would it be possible to put the antenna on a balcony, and still receive a signal, or does it have to be directly in the line of sight to receive it? the balcony would be on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor block.

how big is the antenna also? could it be concealed in a balcony if it was in the line of sight??

it all a bit confusing!!

cheers for the help.
    it's about the size of a square dinner plate on a pole (?), but LOS is essential...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

also depends on which direction your balcony is pointing...has to be in the direction of the AP(access point)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

If not you could always try breeze thats what a lot of poeple i know in apartments did. Not as good but better than nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

If your going for the IBB Breeze package. The antenna is installed by IBB. If you don't have LOS, but you are very near to the mast. The Technology can also support Non-Line-of-sight. The signal can be bounced off builds in a city. Make sure you ask the Installer to try this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If not you could always try breeze thats what a lot of poeple i know in apartments did. Not as good but better than nothing.
    I think you mean RipWave as an alternative ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EX_DJay

Din anybody get answer what to do with management?

Advertisement