Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The coasts are not a dead cert - Geography

Options
  • 31-05-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi people I have seen a lot of people referring to the fact that the sea is very ;likely to coem up this year, and would like to warn them not to put all their eggs in one basket,

I presume this prediction is based on the fact that the other BIG TWO rivers and Glaciers came up last year, but alas the sea came up the year before and it in fact comes up much less then the other two and in fact has never appeared twice in a row in the last 15 yrs unlike the other two which seems to almost always come up.

As it is the last year i would be very surprised if one out of Glaciers and Rivers did not appear as very single year of the course one of them has

(my name comes from LOST)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

yeah he's right. EVERY YEAR either glaciers or rivers or both has been asked. *Prays hard for rivers* My geography teacher was telling me the other day that he thought Plate Tectonics is a good possibility. Anyone got an opinion on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

ah i hate hearing bout coasts not coming up. but will prob motivate me to study rivers. If someone told me at the start that at least one of glaciers or rivers comes up, i wouldn't have bothered with coasts. im praying they'll put on italy and i don't think they are sooo nice as to put on coasts aswel. Actually glaciers would be a nice one, easy part (b)'s usually. give it a look tomorrow.

i know my fieldwork, i know my rivers... i need to have a look at mapwork. Screwed in Regional... keep handing things up but the teacher reckons they're ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Fieldwork.. *shudders*... know it well but for some reason I can't write under 10 pages for it...without leaving out massively important details.. takes far too long...

*prays for Italy, rivers and a nice easy mapwork and aerial photograph question*

Yeah but rememeber... make sure you can do it in about 45-55 minutes! Great thing about the fieldwork is the average score for that question last year was about 80%.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

As I've said before, desertification hasn't been up much (not more than once or twice if I recall correctly), so that could be up...
    As for regions, roll on Norway or Sweden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

does anyone know any websites where i can get notes on coasts/glaciation/river?

Of course, skool.ie have many notes, and they also have other sub-links too.

i think skool's notes are pretty ****e!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

andrew163 wrote:
    Fieldwork.. *shudders*... know it well but for some reason I can't write under 10 pages for it...without leaving out massively important details.. takes far too long...

*prays for Italy, rivers and a nice easy mapwork and aerial photograph question*
    yeah, i know! i went to this seminar yoke in Ucd and they said you need
    3 aims
    3 preparations
    6 gathering and recording points
    3 conclusions (related to aims)
    2/3 skills
    that shortened mine down to 4 pages, my teacher read it and added in some extra stuff, but it's still only 5 now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

For regional I'm knowing
    Role of the Sea in Norway
    Role of Nat. Resources in Norway
    3 Regions of France
    3 Regions of Spain

I'll prob be able to do most of a core/periph question from having learned Fra and Spa but personally I don't think core/periph will come up. Anyone else agree?
    As for physical, not worth risking it. I'm learning Rivers, Ice and Sea. It's only 9 features and still enough time to learn them all. For the question b's I'm not going to prepare anything, just read over them all the night before and should be able to remember most of the main points, and hopefully get around 20 out of 25 as a lot of them are just general knowledge.

wasnt on alot of the mocks where u had to dive a country up by primary, secondary and tertairy activities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Hugo Reyes

vote4pedro wrote:
    For regional I'm knowing
    Role of the Sea in Norway
    Role of Nat. Resources in Norway
    3 Regions of France
    3 Regions of Spain

I'll prob be able to do most of a core/periph question from having learned Fra and Spa but personally I don't think core/periph will come up. Anyone else agree?
    As for physical, not worth risking it. I'm learning Rivers, Ice and Sea. It's only 9 features and still enough time to learn them all. For the question b's I'm not going to prepare anything, just read over them all the night before and should be able to remember most of the main points, and hopefully get around 20 out of 25 as a lot of them are just general knowledge.

Are u in Mr O Dorothys class???
    yeah, i know! i went to this seminar yoke in Ucd and they said you need 3 aims
    3 preparations
    6 gathering and recording points
    3 conclusions (related to aims)
    2/3 skills
    that shortened mine down to 4 pages, my teacher read it and added in some extra stuff, but it's still only 5 now!

Five still seems a bit short, mine is 12, but i can just about get it done under the 50 min mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Hugo Reyes wrote:
    Are u in Mr O Dorothys class???

I don't know any Mr O Dorothy so I hope I wasn't meant to be.

Advertisement