Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T.V. volume with video, ntl digital

Options
  • 31-05-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

We have a 28" sharp T.V. with NTL Dirital hooked up via SCART2. I have my old but reliable Sanyo Nicam Video hooked up via SCART1. So when watching telly, we use the NTL remote as it has a volume built in. When I want to watch a recorded program (via NTL analog bundled along with the digital), I just press play on the Video remote and the Telly switches acutmatically to SCART1.

My problem is that I have to now reduce the voulme on the telly as the video volume is quite loud. When finished watching the video, I have to now increase the telly volume so that the level is acceptable to use the NTL remote.

Anyone have a work-around? (I don't have the manual's to hand but maybe could google for them if required)

Thank's in advance
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The solution is to use the ntl remote to set the output of the ntl box at a similar level to the VCR and analogue channels (in my experience this means it's loudest setting) and then never touch the volume controls on the ntl remote again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I actuallly find the volume between the channels on NTL digital are different channel to channel. The most noticable is the MGM movie channel is lower volume than the rest

Advertisement