Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's everybody working?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Seeing as how I'm a jobless vagrant at the moment, I have now both the time and the incliation to enquire as to everyones place of work.

Some inspiration or heads up on vacant posts mightn't be amiss either, as I'm growing tired of the sporadic hours of freelance guerilla computer repairs, despite the easy money.

SO... WHERE IS EVERYBODY WORKING?

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kasintahan wrote:
    Seeing as how I'm a jobless vagrant at the moment, I have now both the time and the incliation to enquire as to everyones place of work.

Some inspiration or heads up on vacant posts mightn't be amiss either, as I'm growing tired of the sporadic hours of freelance guerilla computer repairs, despite the easy money.

SO... WHERE IS EVERYBODY WORKING?

:cool:

I too am a jobless vagrant at the moment. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Biding time until I'm working in sunny California.

Man, everything about me is just...awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm working in GAME, in the same job I've been in for 2 years.
    It's fun. :p
    </sarcasm>

Sangre wrote:
    Man, everything about me is just...awesome.

Pity about the small penis though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In UCD - at least i won't have the Deja-Vu of the first day of term! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Don't have a job yet cos I'm going away for a couple of weeks, but I'm gonna try and get one temping with this crowd:

www.hays.ie

They seem to pay pretty well (up to e15 an hour) and the office wor doesnt look that hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I am a jobless bum. Meh, at least I live up to my chosen monikor.

As Kas said, if anyone knows of any vacancies, put em up on this thread or somthin... PLEASE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fyffes. Starting soon, delighted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Fyffes. Starting soon, delighted. :D

That's the ****! Aw...I'd love to be able to say I worked in a banana company...ah bananas ...sigh they don't make them like that any more....

I'm working in a record shop, tis all good, bar the crappy stock take we had last night...boy that shop is big...and then the drinking afterwards...and the dancing...ow my head, my arms, my legs, my everything...think I'll go back to bed. :D Ehm Kas if you're interested as I said before there will be summer jobs going there...otherwise peeps I'd try Dundrum, or hit town with like a sack full of cvs, and go mad. Also heard from my old work peeps that Arnotts are looking for summer staff....I know it's retail, but hey its mula...just f.y.i.

Anyone wants a job in BT2, especially grafton street and dundrum - they're always looking for people too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

And theres a reason why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

rabbits.jpg

:) *Hugs Alana again* :)

I'd imagine it would be a highly sought after post. At any rate, I'll apply there.

come to think of it yes, alana! :)

F**k, Arnotts, I'd forgotten bout there... Practically gone everywhere else in town (altho I draw the line at Burger King and McDonalds).
    Will head into Arnotts tomorro, if I find that you've nicked my job I'll kill you Kas!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I think i'll give there [arnotts] a try too, thanks alana... they give commission too i think so :D

i also got an agency interview tomorrow for factory/warehouse work but meh easy jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm trying Arnotts tomorrow along with every other place in town. If I don't get a job soon I'll have to sell one of my kidneys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tribulus wrote:
    I think i'll give there [arnotts] a try too, thanks alana... they give commission too i think so :D

i also got an agency interview tomorrow for factory/warehouse work but meh easy jobs

WTF Science Boy? You should be working in a gym. Now I know you practically live in a gym but mother of jeeeyshhhuuss the advice you could give to people about diets would practically make obesity extinct!

Anyways I'm scratching my head as to why certain lazy individuals are on here asking people about work. Eh hello did any of you f**kwits ever think about applying for summer work a few months ago? :rolleyes: All of the decent summer jobs will be gone by now. Advice don't go near retail, they exploit you till kingdom come. Go do something useful like a paper round or cut lawns or maybe even get a job in McDonalds so I can order my meal off someone who speaks english and will serve me the correct meal instead of 17 large Cokes. :mad:

Moi I'm in an insurance company as a quote sorting bitch. My job basically involves stapling a load of sh*t and stapling even more sh*t and then posting them before the evil 4pm deadline. :( I never thought stapling could be so stressful grrrrrrrr. Ah well what decent part time jobs are out there.... zilch so better stop moaning then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

ah but they be pharmaceutical/chemical factories so i'll just lie when iput it on my cv and say it was relevant lab experience - it's all for the science zane!!!

Anyway it's not like you were out there job hunting for months, you got your job through nepotism!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm working in my old secondary school - nice job, even nicer money! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

Payment processing in a bank, atm. But I'm a temp so I goes wherever they send me. I signed up through nicemove.ie. Within 2 weeks I'd been contacted by an agency, given my CV, signed up, and got a job. Try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Im working in a pub in greystones... pay is minimal but the staff are okey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Clerical Assistant in the Blackrock Clinic (ironic because I hate sick people).

I got a raise on Friday (about time after two years of minimum wage, but my boss couldn't remember how big a raise she'd given me and never called me back when I asked her about it [this is pretty much typical of the shambles that is Ireland’s health service, even the private sector]).

chebe wrote:
    Payment processing in a bank, atm. But I'm a temp so I goes wherever they send me. I signed up through nicemove.ie. Within 2 weeks I'd been contacted by an agency, given my CV, signed up, and got a job. Try it.

Cheers chebe, hadn't thought of doing that... Nice one! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

am doing same job as last year-nurses aid in plastic surgery-and its great cos they let me work in limerick and dublin clinic so i can choose which ever!and no i never met anyone famous in there-well cept the odd fair city actor-and its usually the blokes?!damn stupid hippocratic oath..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Working in UCD's computer science department. After two years of joblessness! (except for the two day jobs (twice)).

Starting work tomorrow in the E&E department.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Start in Fyffes tomorrow, well looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

panda100 wrote:
    am doing same job as last year-nurses aid in plastic surgery-and its great cos they let me work in limerick and dublin clinic so i can choose which ever!and no i never met anyone famous in there-well cept the odd fair city actor-and its usually the blokes?!damn stupid hippocratic oath..
    ACS by any chance? My mum used to work in their Dublin office!

Slightly off-topic, but...

Was really desperate for a job the last few days cos A) I've been flat broke for 2 weeks and B) The traditional source of my income, my Parents, have gone away to Sardinia for 3 weeks...
    They left me a cheque for 50 yoyos to keep myself alive for 3 weeks, and tbh I didn't really fancy my chances, but I went in to BankofIreland today to lodge it. Out of idle curiosity I went up to an ATM and printed off a mini-bank-statement...

And found that I have unknowingly had 350 Euro in my account for more than a month!!!! :D:D

Yes, yes, I am a f**kwit... But an extremely happy and solvent f**kwit, so I ain't bothered!!! :cool:

YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

SebtheBum wrote:
    Slightly off-topic, but...

Was really desperate for a job the last few days cos A) I've been flat broke for 2 weeks and B) The traditional source of my income, my Parents, have gone away to Sardinia for 3 weeks...
    They left me a cheque for 50 yoyos to keep myself alive for 3 weeks, and tbh I didn't really fancy my chances, but I went in to BankofIreland today to lodge it. Out of idle curiosity I went up to an ATM and printed off a mini-bank-statement...

And found that I have unknowingly had 350 Euro in my account for more than a month!!!! :D:D

Yes, yes, I am a f**kwit... But an extremely happy and solvent f**kwit, so I ain't bothered!!! :cool:

YES!

im so jealous right now. god i need a job.

Advertisement