Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry

• 01-06-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with Chem!! Any Tips or Hints!??

Does anyone else find it really difficult!! Sometimes I think its written in a different language! I did a revision course in the institue this year and was told the Winkler is a dead cert!

Cherry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Go back in time and pick a different subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Eh thanks thats a great help!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Etanoic acid and ethanal experiments really likely too and the bleach one in vol. analysis. History of chemistry stuff is pretty important this year duno why ,grinds teacher told us and shes absolutely magic at predicting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I heard the iron experiment was also likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

well thats already come up hasnt it(?) and they havent repeated anything yet so it wouldnt be top of my list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

<Jonny> wrote:
    Go back in time and pick a different subject.

Lol. Yeah give that one a try :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!!! I'll get on that stuff today!! Does anyone else wish they hadn't of taken it!!!!!!!?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Nah I like chemistry. And the other options would have been music or history so I took the science

Im doing Bio as well! Love Bio and I find Chem really interesting and most of the course is ok. I just think somethings are quiet difficult! Never got my head around valency which I know is really basic!!! Its like a little mental block I have!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Well in the mocks I got 7% in honours and just after that i started doing revision and I am now better then the people that passed honours in the Mocks. It is really easy to do and i noticed that when i started studying. Nothing majorly hard.

If you are looking for something to help you find out what to study try listening to 'Getting It Right Chemistry' they go through it all and say what they think might come up. Audio Link The getting it right website: Website

• Advertisement

Cheers Colin!

Would I be right in saying we're thinking ethanol/ethanal this year??

Also Winkler is tipped! Only water exp that hasn't come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Ye by the looks of it, it will come up if u look at the notes they have under chemistry on that site u will see they go through all the stuff that has come and what questions they have come up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i hate chem :(

Oh thank god!! Im not the only one!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Cherry_Pie wrote:
    Would I be right in saying we're thinking ethanol/ethanal this year??

Also Winkler is tipped! Only water exp that hasn't come up!

ethanol preparation isn't on the course... (you can do it through the breakdown of carbs or.... acid hydrolysis.....if my memory serves me correctly...and it often doesn't)

So, I've heard it's going to be ethanal or ethanoic acid - just know the conditions, methods of preparation, uses, tests....

:)

Advertisement