Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting nervous?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I'm practically sh!tting meself, i feel like iv done nothing regarding study cos no matter how much i do it i cant seem to concentrate and recall what i just went over! im screwed arent i!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No.

Just anxious.

I want to finish soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Don't worry! Everyone is the same you're not on you're own there!! The last week is tough and you're just really tired!!! Do your best , pace yourself and the very best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

bout 25 people on this forum right now. That says something. Although i'm not really worried/nervous/anxious about the exams. I am troubled by the fact that i'm not any of the 3 aforementioned states of mind. Really have done sweet fa over last 2days. I'm determined to correct that 2moro. Any actually study as in learn not just sit there with comp. running in background learning nothing. Aswel

Study plans. do u have them? DO they work?

I don't and i think i need one. JUst for these last few days i need one. i find it soo hard to gauge where i'm at.

For instance in maths i always come out smiling, feeling good like i just killed that exam while others are sweating and saying it was the hardest thing they've ever done. scrape a pass in it. WHile other subjects i'm the latter group after exams but usually do much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Just keep imagining how fun the last night will be... when EVERYONE goes on the piss! Thats whats getting me through these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Oh I can't wait for that big night out either!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

I'm ****ting myself too. I did well in my mock, but I still have this fear that every paper that I get is going to have questions that I can't answer :(

yeah i wonder how that will work... if ppl not out till 23rd r whatever will come out b4 that. Personally i'm going out 17th BUT after our 2nd grad night i duno, got refused a night club and 2pubs because of a **** college i.d they wouldn't even look at it because it wasn't garda, passport or driving license. The 1st grad night was so much better where they rented the club for us. on 2nd grad night everyone went different places but some lad told a few of them that it was our grad night, so we were bound to get refused. AHHH!!! if that happens with my leaving nite i'll go mad or even worse results night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

. Really have done sweet fa over last 2days. I'm determined to correct that 2moro. Any actually study as in learn not just sit there with comp. running in background learning nothing. Aswel

I don't and i think i need one. JUst for these last few days i need one. i find it soo hard to gauge where i'm at.

i know exactly wat u mean! i have sat here for the past few days with this site on and "studying" i swear tomorrow il study properly but do i really have any application?! i wrote out a study plan yesterday to try do something productive today and i let that go out the window! first thing on it was maths and i took out my novel in english and even then i avoided doing it by talking on the net! i dunno at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I'm sh1tting myself! This compuer is too bloody additive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

hey im finished my leaving in only 2 weeks!! sweet!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Just keep imagining how fun the last night will be... when EVERYONE goes on the piss! Thats whats getting me through these days.
    best night ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

16 days and its all over forever and ever amen...
    im worried that im not worried enough, cos ive already settled for my third choice course :(

ah but isnt everyone at this stage just so tired of struggling and just deciding to settle!! there's still time to put in work though, nut that doesnt mean i will! hehe! nah just kidding i want my first choice but if i dont get it there is ways of me still doing it just different routes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

thats the way to think about it alright!! well...back to the books

back to the books! it wud help if i had started i just cant settle today! remember bouncing on your bed? well its more fun then i remembered! mam and dad think im releasing stress! its just fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I just feel so confused.It's like-i have been studying since september but i really feel like i still no nothing. I also feel like i can't get anymore in,like my heads all full. I even raked the garden the other day because i just didn't want to be near books.

I just want it to all be over at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

bout 25 people on this forum right now. That says something. Although i'm not really worried/nervous/anxious about the exams. I am troubled by the fact that i'm not any of the 3 aforementioned states of mind. Really have done sweet fa over last 2days. I'm determined to correct that 2moro. Any actually study as in learn not just sit there with comp. running in background learning nothing. Aswel

For instance in maths i always come out smiling, feeling good like i just killed that exam while others are sweating and saying it was the hardest thing they've ever done. scrape a pass in it. WHile other subjects i'm the latter group after exams but usually do much better.
    no!!!!!!!! they take ages to work out, and you feel extra-stressed if you don't stick to them.
    maybe just scribble down a list each morning , eg. i'm doin a poet, mapwork in geog, Lemass in history, and an Honours poem in Irish.
    see, it's realistic, so if i get them done, i can do "extra", and i think i'm doing loads and i feel all "confident" and **** (its all pscychological)
    but big mad fancy plans do not work, for me anyway!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Zhane wrote:
    I'm practically sh!tting meself, i feel like iv done nothing regarding study cos no matter how much i do it i cant seem to concentrate and recall what i just went over! im screwed arent i!
    Get some Bach's Rescue Remedy in a chemist, take a few drops and just get on with work. You are not screwed, you can get loads done in the next week if you can just stop panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeah I'm pretty f*cked and I'm finding it impossible to study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

I'm just really anxious now... But, 7 days and it's all over for me.

Wednesday to Wednesday! :eek:

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    Get some Bach's Rescue Remedy in a chemist, take a few drops and just get on with work.

heard about this before. sounds dodgy what does it actually do?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

heard about this before. sounds dodgy what does it actually do?
    Just calms you down. I looked at the ingredients, it's some sort of herbal remedy, but it also contains 'grape alcohol' (which I strongly suspect is actually brandy) It does actually work, just don't take too much because it makes you real sleepy - great for the night before an exam, but not great during the exam (if you use it to get to sleep, make sure someone comes in to wake you up as well, I slept through my alarm the first time I took it at night, you wouldn't want to miss an exam!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

The fuçking things invading my dreams, I keep having dreams about failing it, missing it and being late for it every damn night. It's got me in these mood swings where when I'm studying I'm actually thinking I could break the 500 mark and when I'm not, or I just wake up I'm struggling to get by 300 marks.
    I just want to do it at this stage :mad:
    And then get pissed, mightily fuçking pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

21 days and it's all over for me.. I'm graduating tonight! wooo! I'm quite nervous but at the same time I don't think It's hit me yet that It's the actual leaving cert. Wednesday morning I'll have literally cr@pped myself! Just keeping positive and trying to study as much as possible. It's not the end of the world! :)

Advertisement