Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike dealers

Options
  • 01-06-2005 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Is there any motorbike dealers/shops in Galway?
    Where are they located?
    Do they have showrooms etc?
    How good are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dawballz wrote:
    Is there any motorbike dealers/shops in Galway?
    Of course - this isn't Albania you know.
    dawballz wrote:
    Where are they located?
    Bike-tech in Ballybane (Good - lots of stuff), MG Cycles in Ballybane(Not bad - less stuff, good prices), Ivors in Terryland (Muppets - avoid) and Y2K in Headford (Top banana)
    dawballz wrote:
    Do they have showrooms etc?
    No, they bring the bikes to your house - see Albania answer above
    dawballz wrote:
    How good are they?
    At selling good, well priced bikes? All average
    At fixing bikes, all good except Ivors who mainly do lawnmowers and mopeds
    At being polite to people with a wedge of dosh to spend on a bike but need advice - all bad.

What type of bike are you looking for?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Bike tech are meant to be good allright, even the cops go there. Don't go to Ivors, I've heard naught but bad stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

*Cough* Bob *Cough* :)

Sarky wrote:
    *Cough* Bob *Cough* :)
    Bob who? Whatchaonnabout? Off to The Cuckoos Nest with you - go along now, nothing to see here...

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Looking for a Yamaha TDR125.
    Went to Ivors there today. They seemed helpful, well not so much helpful, more "willing to help". They had a tdr there alright, 2900 for a 02, which isn't too bad coming from a dealers.
    Can anyone direct me to the shops in Ballybane?
    I'd be approaching from GMIT/Super Valu/Xtra-Vision side.
    Don't know Galway very well, as you can see.

Thanks.

edit; Ivors aren't in Terryland anymore btw. They're down a few streets beside ALDI.

• Advertisement

dawballz wrote:
    Can anyone direct me to the shops in Ballybane?
    I'd be approaching from GMIT/Super Valu/Xtra-Vision side.
    From GMIT go past Super Valu/Xtra vision to the 'Boston Scientific' roundabout, take the second exit and there is a left turn immediately which you take. Bike tech is in the same block as Sofa Sofa and MG is on the same side further down. Didn't know Ivors had moved - wouldn't be making any effort to visit them anyway based on experience... Which ALDI? Westside or Headford Road?

'c

From GMIT go past Super Valu/Xtra vision to the 'Boston Scientific' roundabout, take the second exit and there is a left turn immediately which you take. Bike tech is in the same block as Sofa Sofa and MG is on the same side further down. Didn't know Ivors had moved - wouldn't be making any effort to visit them anyway based on experience... Which ALDI? Westside or Headford Road?

'c

Oh sorry, forgot there was a new ALDI..
    It's the westside one I'm talking about.

'c

Well I was just all around Galway looking for bike dealers.
    I found Harry's which was where you said Bike-Tech was.
    Then MG was further down on the same side, didn't look like they had much at all there though- maybe 10 or 12 bikes.

Couldn't find bike-tech.

Went out to Hedford and couldn't find that other place (y2k?)
    Can anyone direct me to it? Is it in Hedford town itself?

Advertisement