Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Thomas

Options
  • 01-06-2005 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Anyone listening to the new solo album? 'Lonely No More' is a cracking single in my opinion and it's no surprise that the album isn't entirely to the same standard. There are some decent tunes, such as 'When the Heartache Ends', which will surely get airplay eventually, and plenty of ballads in a Matchbox Twenty-lite vein. However it all gets a bit samey after a while, and inclusion of the Ronan Keating-esque (though the influence probably travels in the other direction) 'Streetcorner Symphony' drags the album down with its cheese:

"Let's go dance under the street lights / All the people in this world / Let's come together / More than ever (Can you feel it? I can feel it) / Come on over / Down to the corner / My sisters and my brothers of every different color / Can't you feel that sunshine telling you to hold tight"

Disgusting.

Advertisement