Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 3G SIM Cards

Options
  • 01-06-2005 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Have I missed something ??

I had my Nokia 6630 Unlocked this morning and Bam when the O2 SIM went it I got a text saying my SIM does not support 3G (No Sh1t) anyhow the phone is flashed so I can switch of Dual Mode.

The message said to goto any O2 Retail Store and ask for a new 3G Sim for O2.

Does anyone know about these before I look like a goon going into a O2 Shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I work in one of the O2 stores, and thats the first I've heard about having a 3G card in stock.

so unless you want to look like a goon, stay away for the mo.

IMHO, O2 (the network) seem to be holding off 3g for the moment, origionally there was a race between themselves and Vodafone to be the first to launch 3G. But not there is no rush and they can do alot more trouble shoting before it is launched. I wouldn't expect to see it up and running until teh end of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Thanks for that dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I lent my unlocked 3G phone to a prepaid O2 user and his SIM worked fine, was able to make and receive calls on the O2 3G network without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement