Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (H)

Options
  • 01-06-2005 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

hey

recently heard that drugs in sport is VERY likely as an aiste in honours irish
    anyone know where i could get my hands on one?
    i would be eternally grateful :o

Comments

Hands on a drug?

Walk outside the door..........

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Where did you hear that? Arrrgh I never did an essay on sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Hands on a drug?

Walk outside the door..........
    ok then

fishie., my friends grinds teacher
    because the whole cian o connor thing was happenin at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

I head terrorism and environment are tipped this year!

Last year we had an essay on a sports star. Dunno if that counts but its a similar theme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Cherry_Pie wrote:
    I head terrorism and environment are tipped this year!

Last year we had an essay on a sports star. Dunno if that counts but its a similar theme
    Yessssssssssss!
    good aul sceimhlitheoireach and timpeallacht, saving my ass!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

OH THANK GOD!! I thought I was the only one thinking of them and I dreamed them up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

yeah everyone in the predictions thread says them 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

thats so specific, drugs in sport. Really getting a whole essay out of that would be difficult enough in english never mind gaeilge.

thats so specific, drugs in sport. Really getting a whole essay out of that would be difficult enough in english never mind gaeilge.
    thats one for the Gay-lgoirs to show off with
    "look at me taim liofach sa gaelige" :-(
    sorry im a little bitter right now, honours poetry pissin me off

urchnoc cheim mhic cainte-how boring!
    i like fiacha an tsolais though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think Teangmhail is really boring, I hope that doesn't come up. I can't even remember what exactly it's about anyway, because every time I try to study it, I get really sleepy and have to do something else instead

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    I think Teangmhail is really boring, I hope that doesn't come up. I can't even remember what exactly it's about anyway, because every time I try to study it, I get really sleepy and have to do something else instead
    o god, we had a sub do teagmhail with us, she spoke a mixture of irsh and english, never one or the other

"the pog hung in the air like a scammail"(ooo dodgy spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

thats one for the Gay-lgoirs to show off with
    "look at me taim liofach sa gaelige" :-(
    sorry im a little bitter right now, honours poetry pissin me off

urchnoc cheim mhic cainte-how boring!
    i like fiacha an tsolais though

witty i like it. anyway how do u actually have preference over all these poems. TO me they are a load of bollox, sorry for the bluntness but seriously. Teanghmhail - contact i think it means. I won't be giving it a look over, at all. COuld u imagine if they put that and ceoltoir jazz on it.. :eek:

i'm just learning or i should say glancing over
    mi an meithimh - i've a feeling about it
    ur chein mhic cainte
    fiacha an tsolais

i'd say i'll be grand with this.

witty i like it. anyway how do u actually have preference over all these poems. TO me they are a load of bollox, sorry for the bluntness but seriously. Teanghmhail - contact i think it means. I won't be giving it a look over, at all. COuld u imagine if they put that and ceoltoir jazz on it.. :eek:

i'm just learning or i should say glancing over
    mi an meithimh - i've a feeling about it
    ur chein mhic cainte
    fiacha an tsolais

i'd say i'll be grand with this.
    thank you, bitterness inspires me
    oh yeah they are complete poo-poo, i could actaully live with fiacha an tsolais, its the most relevant to modern life.

learning exact same as myself- Mi an Meithimh is apparently the most important poe, in the Irish language, and they haven't asked it for a while- big one this year

made up an answer to Urchnoc in the mockies - and got the grand total of 1 mark for it. I kid you not, i wrote a full answer and all! got 55% in total though, not bad for no work (literally) and complete lack of any kind of grammatical awareness (and vocab)

listenin brings me up- 65% in mocks, highest in class (sighs proudly)

Can anybody explain Teangmháil ?? I don't get it!!

I think............... woman kisses man, and is athas
    yeah i dont get it either

HAA HAA!! If only if were that easy!! Im sure theres more to it!! only smarties have the answers , so any smarties out there??? :p

o god, we had a sub do teagmhail with us, she spoke a mixture of irsh and english, never one or the other

"the pog hung in the air like a scammail"(ooo dodgy spelling)

see above!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Isnt Cath Ceim An Fhia really likely too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Teangmháil:
    Priomhthéama= Tionchar na póige ar an bhfile agus an chaoi a mhaireann rian na póige sin ina haigne. Bhain siad beirt fuaiscailt agus compord as an bpóg. Tá si ag rá sa mheafar gur tháinig an bheirt le chéile ag fáil sólás i bpóg. Cruthaitear iomhá na póige go healaionta.

Urchnoc:
    Amhrán grá mar gheall ar grá éagmaiseach, ina gránn sé go mór i. Dar leis is scoth na gcailini atá inti. Meadaracht an amhráin, foghlaim tréithe an amhráin ach an oiread.

deek wrote:
    Isnt Cath Ceim An Fhia really likely too
    I think Urchnoc is numero uno!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I really like all the poems like teangmháil, an ceolteoir jazz, mí and mheitheamh etc. I just HATE Úr Cnoc Chéim - argh! I don't care about the fish or the dogs or the hare!!!!

I've never touched Fiacha an tsolais - -planning on leaving it out, apparently there's not much left to ask from it.

Quite like Treall from the pass poems as well, and An Triail is excellent.....the course isn't that bad apart from SnG(die DIE!)...just sooooooo long......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

.....the course isn't that bad apart from SnG(die DIE!)...just sooooooo long......

:)

Yeah i get some murderous thoughts for whoever decided we should learn that crappy SnG as well, but look through the papers there is a DEFINITE pattern, I'm just going to learn 3 topics for that, 3 honours poems, 3 pass poems and saol sosialta for Peig. It all depends on my luck at this stage!

Advertisement