Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laggy Servers?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

[quotebrainspackle]It has come to my attention that certain servers are experiencing extreme lag and/or punkbuster related disconnects after the new patch. I believe this lag has something to do with the fact that your punkbuster is constantly attempting to auto-update itself, and producing error messages to the server that you (the client) are unaware of. Most likely the reason it cannot auto-update is due to a firewall.

The easiest solution is to manually update your punkbuster, instructions on how to do so can be found here: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

In short: download http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbweb.exe - copy it to the "pb" folder in your battlefield installation location and run it.

Please update as soon as possible, as it should greatly reduce some of the lag problems people are having.

EDIT: PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam uses outgoing UDP Port 15567 to communicate with Master Servers. Open that port in your firewalls to allow auto-updating. For advanced users only.

EDIT: It also appears that many people who are not updating are also getting kicked from servers for punkbuster errors. some dont have a problem, but many do.[/quote]
    Gonna check this out later. Getting lag on a few servers lately, usually for "bursts" of time. This sounds like a possible reason for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i was getting problems last night on our BFV server getting kicked for punk buster couldent update. It got there in the end but it took a lot of retrys. I might look into doing it manually.

Advertisement