Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Need a video tape copied

• 01-06-2005 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to have 4 copies of a video tape made. It's a tape of a conference, so there are no ipr issues. Anybody know anybody in Dublin could do this foe me?

Cheers,

Hobart.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Hobart wrote:
    Hi,

I need to have 4 copies of a video tape made. It's a tape of a conference, so there are no ipr issues. Anybody know anybody in Dublin could do this foe me?

Cheers,

Hobart.

If you're not paying any post house in dublin can (but you're talking 30 odd euro a go)

http://www.iftn.ie/postproduction/index1.htm

I'd avoid the farm, element, the courtyard, windmill lane for starts and try the video copy center first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Perfect,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Isn't boards great for s**t like this??? :)

Hobart wrote:
    Perfect,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Isn't boards great for s**t like this??? :)

Absolutely.................

Get a quote before you go in as well (ensure thats per tape), and to save money, bring your own stock (tapes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

30 Euro a pop

:eek:

There must be cheaper then that out there, did you try the Golden (Yellow or whatever it's called nowadays) Pages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

just get 2 vcrs and do it yourself.

tell the job it costs loads and itll be cheaper to give you the afternoon off to do it ;)

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote:
    :eek:

There must be cheaper then that out there, did you try the Golden (Yellow or whatever it's called nowadays) Pages?

As mentioned avoid the post houses, you will be floored at the cost (I'm being conservative) and stick to the professional dupping companys.

€9.95 a tape @ www.videocopycentre.com and a turnaround of 1 day. If I had 2 VCR's I would do it myself, but I have neither the equipment nor the time.

edit: Got that website from the original link from mycroft btw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'd do it for you, for nothing. You would have to send it to the uk.... and I'm in Ireland now, so If it's not needed in a rush well there ya go ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Soap

I love bunny rabbits.

Thanks for the offer Lump, the tape went into be copied yesterday. Much appreciated anyhow!. Soap, read the thread FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

i would of put it on to dvd for u man for free.
    if i had of seen it earlier..
    9 99 aint so bad anyways..

Advertisement