Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still play Planetside?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 12:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if many are still playing Planetside?
    I got it on release date ,thought it was amazing but back then i hadnt got a fast PC and broadband,i was on ISDN 64k.
    The glimpses i had of the game in full flight were amazing but just wonder is it worth subscribing to ?
    I have lots of online shotters as it is,
    All the usual HL mods,BF1942 mods,BFV and mods,UT2004 and mods etc etc.
    Anyone here on boards play Planetside?
    Im tempted to get and subscribe to WOW but not both as i simply dont have the time.
    Planetside worth subscription or not?

Also i see you can download the game now and an expansion and try for 30 days,is it possible i just reinstall from my disc and get a new 30 day trial?
    http://planetside.station.sony.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you might be better off sticking to planetsides successor, Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Go here and get the free 7 day trial and then download the installer content (all 1.6gb of it!) for a truely free trial.

You've inspired me to download this and play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Battlefield isn't planetsides successor. It doesn't have one. It's unique in the gaming world.

PS is still going strong in any case, SOE have decided to start properly marketing for it again recently aswell. Being in a fight with 500 other people on the one server, fighting around the one base, is something you'll never forget :)

I'd particularly urge anyone that even half way liked Tribes to give this a go. It's a whole bunch of fun. Probably the first thing that'll hit you when you load it up is how frikin big all the maps - 'continents' - are. It takes about 25 minutes of solid running to get from one end to the other on the bigger continents. Not that you'd ever run it, that's what all the vehicles are for :) The fastest air vehicles can cover it in about 2 or 3 minutes.

Anyone who plays FPSs online should at least give it a go to see if you like it. If you don't, fine, but it's hard not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Does anyone have any idea where I can buy Planetside? I presume I need to purchase it to play after the 7 day trial I posted above, but I cant find it anywhere. HMV said they dont stock it anymore, game are sold out, play is sold out, cd wow doesnt have it...I can download it from www.direct2drive.com for $20 but im not sure...has anyone used them before?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any way i can install the game from my game disc and get the 7 day trial?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You should be able to get a digital copy ie download from the main site

btw for anyone still playing and on the side of goodness and light thats the Vanu keep an eye out for me CaptainCoffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If I remember rightly, there's no need to buy the game after your trial has finished. You can just add your credit card into their billing systems and begin paying the subs. Probably a good idea to back up your planetside directory to dvd once you've done that though, so it's easy to reinstall later if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am gonna give this a lash myself, BF: V can wait :)

Advertisement