Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons

Options
  • 01-06-2005 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

I got summonsed today for a parking ticket I had forgotten about. Is there a way to pay for it now or do I just wait for the court date? Has it happend to anyone? Do they increase the fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

joejoem wrote:
    I got summonsed today for a parking ticket I had forgotten about. Is there a way to pay for it now or do I just wait for the court date? Has it happend to anyone? Do they increase the fine?

Yep, happened to me (about 3 years ago though!) was in a rental car and they got sent the summons , they said rather than go to court instead of paying the original parking fine of €19 I could pay €36 (I think) and thats it all settled.

Was a bit annoyed at myself for not paying it in the 1st place and thinking I'd get away with it but at least it saved going to court!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Cheers, I will scour throught the fine and see if I can find that. Wish I paid it too, I forgot about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Try ringing the Garda parking fines office (sorry dont know the number :( ) but its the one on O'Connell Street, thats where the car rental company said they rang in my case anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you can find the original ticket, pay it and send the receipt and summons to the clerk-of-court with a note to say you had lost/forgotten it. When I lived in Dublin and got tickets I waited for the summons letter, then paid them as most of the time they don't turn into anything.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Cheers man! Even better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement