Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German ATA

• 01-06-2005 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi All,

First time posting here (normally in broadband forum).
    Can anyone give me a disadvantage of buying a SPA-2100 from Germany rather than locally? Any setup issues I should be aware of?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Ja gerne. Erste, Sie muB ...uh, I mean ...
    - are the configuration settings in German?
    - is it locked into a particular providers VoIP service?
    - is the German power supply similar to ours? (3pin, 220V, 50Hz)

It's best to get the answers to the above questions before you part with cash.
    I bought my ATA from an American guy on eBay who had it sent from Hong Kong and it's fine - but I checked everything beforehand.

btw how much would it cost (incl P&P) from Germany?

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

About E105 including P&P. Maybe the extra E25 would be well spent though.

How would you compare the Grandstream HandyTone 486 to the SPA-2100 ?
    The GS486 is cheaper but the quality of the call is important.

If it were me now I'd go with the Sipura primarily because it allows for two SIP account settings, whereas the 486 allows only for one.

The 486 has PSTN fallover support (if you still have a PSTN account) but the 2100 doesn't; the 3100 does - which blueface sell for €135.
    blueface provides the 2100 and 3100 preconfigured for blueface accounts, and iirc will replace them if need be.

As for voice quality I've only used the GS486 so I can't compare it with anything - but I'd say they're similar coz they use the same Vocoders; it's more down to your home network conifg and your bb provider.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Many thanks for the useful info.
    Getting in wireless BB in the next few days, so I'll test its reliability for VOIP for a month before i go any further. My plan then is to drop Eircom ASAP though.

No problem.
    You're not alone, have a look at this thread: The MrPUdding "Get rid of Eircom" project.

You should also make good use of the blueface free trial

causal

• Advertisement
Advertisement