Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season One DVDs

• 01-06-2005 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has there been any news on these being released?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

September 6th on Region 1 (search amazon.com for a feature list).
    No sign of Region 2 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love your subtitle TmB - "Couldn't be Arzt"

Lost - The Complete First Season

B00005JNOG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

# Encoding: Region 1
    # DVD Release Date: September 6, 2005
    # DVD Features:
    * Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    * The Original Pilot
    * Tales From The Island - new behind-the-scenes featurette
    * Lost Revealed - expert panel dissects the Series
    * Backstage With Drive Shaft - behind the music featurette
    * The Art Of Matthew Fox - on-set photography
    * Before They Were Lost - original casting tapes
    * Blooper Reel
    * Rare Deleted Scenes
    * Audio Commentaries
    * Number of discs: 7

PS - wouldn't expect Region 2 until E4 finish it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

troll w/multiple accounts, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Walf wrote:
    I lub Lost.

Was your username meant to be Walt, but it went wrong in a typo?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    troll w/multiple accounts, tbh.

Definitely. Showing up in a few threads. Give him about 2 days and the novelty will wear off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Ban/Report him its annoying!

:D

I keep getting PM's being asked for €5 from these guys... as below!
    SawyerMan wrote:
    5 bucks to [e-mail omitted] please
    Walf wrote:
    Hello,

Can I have my $5. I'm the guy from OT.

Thanks.

Paypal: [e-mail omitted]

Should i take it up with Feedback for this crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yep let DeV or one of the other puppet masters sort it out

Have to say, the irony of a guy with Sawyer as his alias who is trying to con you out of money is pretty funny.

Walf should really know better, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Bye bye spam posts... bye bye spammers...

Anyways back on track... I'll definitly be buying this region 1 dvd, hopefully there'll be audio tracks from Hurley/Arzt, that'd be a good larff

• Advertisement

steveland? wrote:
    Anyways back on track... I'll definitly be buying this region 1 dvd, hopefully there'll be audio tracks from Hurley/Arzt, that'd be a good larff
    Yeah... audio commentaries are my favourite special feature on a DVD.

No confirmations as of yet regarding how many audio commentaries they will have.

Doubtful it'll be on every episode... quite possibly it will only have commentaries on the pilot and maybe only 1 or 2 other significant episodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

There's so many cast members though I wouldn't be surprised if they had a commentary on all episodes, like ones with just jack/kate/locke/sawyer, ones with jj and damon, arzt/hurley, charlie/claire, michael/walt, boone/shannon and so on

steveland? wrote:
    There's so many cast members though I wouldn't be surprised if they had a commentary on all episodes, like ones with just jack/kate/locke/sawyer, ones with jj and damon, arzt/hurley, charlie/claire, michael/walt, boone/shannon and so on
    Stop!.... i'm foaming at the mouth!

I'd friggin' love that! :D

I reckon each actor should do a commentary on their own flashback. They're already going to each other's homes to watch on Wednesday nights, depending on whose episode is on that night.

Would be ideal if they could, but given their likely free time (some may want to do movies) between now and its release, it seems not possible. I'd say it'll still be a hell of a set. Definitely want a commentary from JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof on the pilot,
    cos the origins of the show are very interesting.

(In a nutshell, the guy who originally came up with the basic premise and got Lindelof and Abrams together - Lloyd Braun - was an ABC executive who was hated by then CEO Michael Eisner. Eisner was furious at 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives' being commissioned. He didn't believe in either show (oh, the delicious irony...!) and was enraged that Braun pursued an idea he had dismissed. Braun had long thought the concept of a plane crash on a desert island was worthy of a shot at TV, but not in the Gilligan's Island sense. He brought in Lindelof who fleshed it out (characters, flashbacks, basic ideas of what the show would work like), but it was Abrams who wanted to add in the monster, the mysteries and the overall weirdness of the island.

Some of the politics behind those details are in the book Disney War, http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684809931/qid=1117734975/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/026-2260662-4637265#product-details

But given those kinds of origins, I'd say a commentary would be well worth a listen.

Advertisement