Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If your lines fails BT Ireland will now help fix it

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Sorry to drag this back up but after emailing Phil Nolan my line has finally passed the test :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

After an email I sent to Phil Nolan, as well as some other senior personnel, I finally got an email on Friday from a high-ranking technical man in Eircom. He told me the length of my phone line and some other info which need not be mentioned here. Suffices to say that they finally made a small effort for me to properly test it but still say that the line is unsuitable for DSL.

The struggle continues :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

I got the same email stating that the reason i failed was because I am too far from the exchange.....which is a little unusual seeing that my next door neighbour got a second line installed recently and it passed and he now has Eircom broadband. I have replied asking for their observations on this and will be interested to see their reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The point about the email was that they were able to tell me the length of my line (without AFAIK knowing exactly where my house is.) That could be a good thing in that they came up with a specific figure, but they could've conjured it out of their head. Btw they said 6.5 kms/exactly 4 miles. A conservative but not-far-off guess. I have sent them an email basically asking them to do what BT did and enable the line right away or send out an engineer. I now await the reply...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Berger wrote:
    Sorry to drag this back up but after emailing Phil Nolan my line has finally passed the test :D

well done and enjoy ..... of course if you rang 1901 a week back instead of emailing Phil you would still be on hold :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

Order BB with BT last week as my line comes up as PASS with Eircon ( but subject to condition )
    My order was rejected today :-(
    Just called BT who said that one of their engineers would call me

Advertisement