Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homenetworking and DSL (eastBT).

• 01-06-2005 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi everyone, hope all is well with everyone here :)

Basically, I have a DSL connection with EsatBT (1MB) and use the most crappy Prestige modem/router that came with it.

I've bought myself a wireless router (Belkin one ) and basically I now have a router (prestige) connecting to a second router (Belkin) to which all other devices connect wirelessly!

I was wondering can I swap the Prestige for a simple DSL modem and then connect the DSL modem to the Belkin? If so, how do I do this, does it connect to the network router via USB from the modem? :eek:

Edit: Typos!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Simply turn out routing in the P623.
    In the wizard setup turn Routing to Bridged.
    This makes it a modem so u need to connect with a PPPoE client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BravoGolf

Wow, really!? Always the simple things huh :o

So, in the wizard setup thingy, when I come across a step asking about routing, I set it to bridged and and follow the onscreen instructions and voíla? I should then have a modem connecting to a router, rather than a router to a router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

That is Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BravoGolf

Thank you very very much :D

Advertisement