Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fastest pint?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

7 seconds was my record... that was about 4 years ago, back when i drank dutch gold, though :p
    i've turned into such a lightweight these days, that chalking down a pint in one go would prolly get me ****faced drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

6.7638496293847362 seconds

i am so proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

around 2 seconds, i am lucky enough to be able to unlock my throat, and pour it straight down

:rolleyes: no you can't even if you can open throat theres no way you could do it in 2 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

anyway give me advice on how to open my throat?? :p
    (I'm deadly serious}

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Apparent record

Prove your manliness

I must say that I'm sure I could beat that guys record of eating 4 hot dogs in 3 minutes. Unless they actually are dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I can drink 17 pints in 0.43 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gordon wrote:
    Apparent record

Prove your manliness

I must say that I'm sure I could beat that guys record of eating 4 hot dogs in 3 minutes. Unless they actually are dogs.

How can anyone drink that fast? Was it hooked to his veins or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As mentioned above, you open your gullet somehow, the fluids pour in just as they would pour into a bucket with a neck diameter equalling your throat. I reckon it'd be dangerous to try doing this without knowing what you're doing as if it goes down the wrong pipe you'll drown. In beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Gordon wrote:
    you'll drown. In beer.

Sounds like my kind of way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that hotdog record doesn';t sound too impressive.....and i reckon i could get close to 2.1seconds. I've done it under 3 seconds before and that was with no training.....

Maybe we could all try it at boards beers.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What kind of a 3-course meal did he eat in 45 seconds? It takes me that long just to unfold the napkin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Victor wrote:
    That much pure alcohol that quickly is likely to kill you.
    no it doesn't,your not even drunk for like half an hour,then bam you just collapse into a drunken state and well lets just say ,you get quite quite drunk :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What kind of a 3-course meal did he eat in 45 seconds? It takes me that long just to unfold the napkin.
    ya how many steaks were in that meal? ^^
    (not a meal without steak tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Pathetic, I cant resist a chance to boast bout my drinking exploits.

Oh well here gos.

One pint: 3.5
    One pitcher: under 2 minutes.
    Best record: 7 pints in 5 minutes and I made the jacks after ;)

Im such a lightweight nowadays, I remember when I could drink a bottle of vodka after a night on the town. Now drink dosnt wanna be my friend anymore. Not a bad thing I suppose if I can take a hint.

Ajnag wrote:
    Pathetic, I cant resist a chance to boast bout my drinking exploits.

Oh well here gos.

One pint: 3.5
    One pitcher: under 2 minutes.
    Best record: 7 pints in 5 minutes and I made the jacks after ;)
    a friend was feelin really depressed and decided to get drunk...10 guinness in bot 3 mins,just lined em up and downed em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

As far as I know the straw trick is for drinking from bottles? My record for a pint is about 3+1/2 seconds but I can't open my gullet and have to swallow. Only 18 though so plenty of practise time ;) Favorite party trick is the naggin of vodka down in one. It's not fizzy so you can do it in around a second. You regret it afterwards - untill it get's you going that is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I can do 3 shots of jagermeister in about 6 seconds ... but why waste the wonderful stuff like that?

The alcohol is there to be enjoyed, not rushed. Shame on you people. tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Simona1986 wrote:
    As far as I know the straw trick is for drinking from bottles? My record for a pint is about 3+1/2 seconds but I can't open my gullet and have to swallow. Only 18 though so plenty of practise time ;) Favorite party trick is the naggin of vodka down in one. It's not fizzy so you can do it in around a second. You regret it afterwards - untill it get's you going that is. :D

Yes the staw trick is only for bottles .. or cans.

But if you want a fast can , Shotgun is the only way to go =).

Btw a little game to play at the next house party you go to.
    If loads of people have the same beer ( Bud, Dutch gold, Tuborg) take 1 can , Shake it as much as you can then stick it back in the fridge. Beer roulete is just sooo much fun =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i can throw back a pint in about 5 seconds. but just remember it's not how fast you drink, it's how much you drink! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

seems there is either alot of half-truths bangin around here or the world record is terribly wrong/easy to achieve

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

5 seconds I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

rubadub wrote:
    there is some bet about downing a shot of beer every minute, sounds easy but it works out at about 1 pint per 16minutes. about 8 pints in 2 hours.

Yeah we did that a couple of times when we were in College. It was called "The Hour of Power". It's a good laugh. It's really easy at the start, but near the end of the hour, the gas starts building up and a few people had to make an emergency dash to the toilets.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

krinpit wrote:
    It was called "The Hour of Power". It's a good laugh.

It certainly is a great way to get the evening going alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

may i just congratulate you all on your brazen show of machismo nah seriously well done :D id be lucky if i could get a pint down in under 10 secs. i once tried the yard of ale in the states (but with bud) and ended up spilling more down the front of me than in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

around 2 seconds, i am lucky enough to be able to unlock my throat, and pour it straight down

ya i cn a fella do that before with a pint of bulmers, how do you do that?? is it just something your born with, or can you train your throat to do it????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

His mother taught him, she used it for *ahem* other swallowing situations

how fast can yee down bulmers?i always down that and oh it burns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fartholomew

Yeah, anyone have any tips on 'opening your throat'?
    How exactly is the straw trick done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Notice everyone has shut up about how fast they are after posting the actual record :rolleyes:

Not so hard now are ye!!

EDIT: In reference to the 1 second posters obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I stand by what i said .

the record isn't that hard, bit of training and bacnk you could do it with whatever you wanted.

and as for the open the throat trick , Anyone who can do it can also swollow a sword , well technically they can, you do need some training to do it.

Advertisement