Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite pub in Maynooth?

Options
  • 01-06-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Have to go with Brady's myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Maynooth wrote:
    Have to go with Brady's myself.

Ditto! Upstairs is class. I like Nancy Spain's in the Glen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Nancy Spains has taken over as the new 'cool' place alright - or maybe i'm just getting old!

Upstairs in Brady's was the bees knees for a while but doesn't appeal as much anymore

ixus wrote:
    Nancy Spains has taken over as the new 'cool' place alright - or maybe i'm just getting old!

Upstairs in Brady's was the bees knees for a while but doesn't appeal as much anymore

Brady's upstairs was great last week.

As for Nancy Spains....it's the new cool place? Damn I thought I was being different and that not many people knew about it! :rolleyes:

I know everything......

ixus wrote:
    I know everything......

Everything?? :eek: Wow you must be a genius!

• Advertisement

You know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Checked out Newtown lastnight, very nice. Shame it's so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

i get nostalgic just thinking... i want caulfields, the way it used to be before... :( that (wa)s my favourite pub in maynooth :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Maynooth wrote:
    Checked out Newtown lastnight, very nice. Shame it's so far away.
    And not very welcoming! I live just a lil walk away and I rarely go there, very sterile

Mr Rivers wrote:
    And not very welcoming! I live just a lil walk away and I rarely go there, very sterile

Is it? Only went in for a quick pint so don't really know, just thought it looked nice. Very quiet though, I can see not many people go there.

• Advertisement

i get nostalgic just thinking... i want caulfields, the way it used to be before... :( that (wa)s my favourite pub in maynooth :(

What was it like before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

old and dingy, with little cubby holes where you could hide and drink in peace...it was so cosy. guinness, toasted sandwiches and hot ports. them were the good old days. i used to go in there to do my homework, all on my ownyown and feel right at home...then someone went and made it all shiny and open and fancy fooded. bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Yeah, When they first opened it was a no student policy, no runners and no hoodies! They've kinda relaxed now with no business from anyone except students but they still don't seem to like it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

Just noticed, the Roost never got a look in there at all? Is it just for oul' ones now or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

bigmouth wrote:
    Just noticed, the Roost never got a look in there at all? Is it just for oul' ones now or something?

Just moved to manooth for the summer. There are 5 of us living together, when we go out in manooth its always (and i mean ALWAYS) to the roost. We went to Bradys one wednesday or thursday night and the atmosphere was non-existant. although it looks nice, it was just dull.
    The Roost is nice, there always seems to be a young crowd in there but im thinking that its going to get quiet soon.

As for the Newtown, its in a real bad position. I pass the entrance to the estate at least twice a day and i dont bother going in, its just out of the way. How long has it been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yup roost for me. always the roost.

Newtown only open since christmas.
    It's got great potential i think, but it isn't targeting students/young people and i don't think it intends to which is financial suicide in my opinion.
    It's location is ideal for people living in beaufield/kingsbry/college reen/newton court/castle dawson etc..

You should try Bradys on a Friday night, but more so on a Sat night (it's normally packed and has a late bar til 1.30 which beats the crap outa payin into the glen!)

Roost is grand, it's just i've been going there for so long.....

I cant believe they charge so much to get into the Glen. I realise its the only club in Maynooth but its ridiculous. With time only 15 minutes away you would think they would have cut their prices a little

solice wrote:
    I cant believe they charge so much to get into the Glen. I realise its the only club in Maynooth but its ridiculous. With time only 15 minutes away you would think they would have cut their prices a little

Greed. Plain and simple. Boycott The Glen I say!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

im a roost kinda guy... still remember gettin id'd there the very first night i went by paddy himself... aw so long ago... i like bradys too but it makes me feel old!

• Advertisement

ClareBear wrote:
    Greed. Plain and simple. Boycott The Glen I say!

Lets picket them! we can throw tomatoes or is it spuds at anyone that passes the picket!

solice wrote:
    Lets picket them! we can throw tomatoes or is it spuds at anyone that passes the picket!

I'm with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Feownah

Hello ya'll Maynooth heads...usually end up in the old cock a doodle doo Roost.

Tell me more about Brady's upstairs best nights too go during college period..music, college students or more older crowd?
    Agus
    Nancy Spains...in the Glen Royle, was only in the nightclub ever...so is the pub any gud and if so why?

Newtown inn is grand ...bit boring...kinda place u grab a bite to eat and sit round lazily...cant play live music i think coz of residents so it'll never do great

So Nancy spains and up da stairs in Bradys?????????????????

yeah upstairs in bradys, but more so on a fri/sat(late bar) unless they start to target midweek.
    glen bar is good a weekends too.

Also, the LA has been taken over by the brothers who own the Playhouse in Tallaght, Earth (i think its called) in Drogheda and a few other nightclubs.
    Big plans for it as far as i know!

ixus wrote:
    yeah upstairs in bradys, but more so on a fri/sat(late bar) unless they start to target midweek.
    glen bar is good a weekends too.

Also, the LA has been taken over by the brothers who own the Playhouse in Tallaght, Earth (i think its called) in Drogheda and a few other nightclubs.
    Big plans for it as far as i know!

They're two seriously good nightclubs.....this could be interesting!

Earth and Playhouse are so tacky though....LA will probably always be the scumbag pub no matter what they do to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Maynooth wrote:
    They're two seriously good nightclubs.....this could be interesting!

Have you been to Earth???? I used to get free passes and I still wouldn't set foot inside the scanger-filled, sticky-floored, over-priced excuse for a nightclub! Not to mention the fact that it was always full of Drogheda natives....

nothing wrote:
    Have you been to Earth???? I used to get free passes and I still wouldn't set foot inside the scanger-filled, sticky-floored, over-priced excuse for a nightclub! Not to mention the fact that it was always full of Drogheda natives....

Exactly!!! That place is a kip! And Playhouse in Tallaght isn't any better. What are they going to do to our lovely little village! The last thing we need here is a skanger nightclub :confused:

is there anywhere you haven't been clare?

NOTE: i'm not implying that you get around :p

No oxygen for me i'll be out and about in maynooth sat night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

I've never been in any of the pubs in Maynooth, but I've heard tonnes about them so I might as well have been!
    I'd have to say the Roost and Brady's are the best, I think. Brady's seems to be the place that's recently gaining more customers. Last Thursday night there was an influx of church musicians into the pubs from the ICMA Summer School.
    Ye're probably fairly p-d with me posting this here, knowing next to nothing about the pubs, but I don't usually spam, so please forgive me. I would've loved to go, nearly fell asleep on a huge window sill in the college waiting for them to get back. And you know, the more you stare at those portraits of the bishops, the more they seem to move... [/rambling]

Advertisement