Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing and Supplements

• 01-06-2005 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be getting a few ear piercings, if not tomorrow, then very soon. There're three, so I imagine healing time will be slower, yes? I need to have them fully healed by September, so I was thinking of taking a supplement to help speed up the healing process. I've heard of zinc tablets and Arnica being used. Which would people recommend, and will it have them fully healed by then. At least one will be in cartilage as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Regardless of how many you get at once, there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that they will heal in any particular amount of time, even if you take supplements. Everyone responds differently to piercings so it's impossible to predict how long it will take for them to heal. You may even find that your body won't tolerate them at all (although this is unlikely), especially with cartilage piercings. And just so you know, it is very, very unlikely that a cartilage piercing will heal fully between now and September.

Also, in case this hasn't occured to you (I made the mistake myself...), if you're thinking of getting more than one cartilage piercing, for feck sake don't get them on both ears at the same time! It'll make trying to sleep an absolute nightmare. Wait till one side is healed before piercing the other. Have fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Thanks, I'll be taking good care of them. I had a couple in last summer but I took them out because i thought the swelling meant they were infected. :rolleyes: So I know my body doesn't reject them. They're all on the same side as well, I know form last year that I had to sleep on the opposite side to them to get any peace. When i say fully healed by the way, I mean healed to the point where i'll be able to take it out for a few hours at a time, just during school hours.

When i say fully healed by the way, I mean healed to the point where i'll be able to take it out for a few hours at a time, just during school hours.
    If you attempt to do that and they're not completely healed internally they won't take too kindly to it :(
    They're very likely to get infected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Went in to Celestial Ring today and was talking to Kenny. I'd forgotten I was going away until I filled out the form. :rolleyes: So I have to wait a few weeks, and he advised me not to get the helix, so I'm getting lobes only. should be handy enough. Thanks anyway though man.

No sweat :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement