Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo cover-ups

Options
  • 01-06-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has ever got a new tattoo over an existing tattoo? and was it a success?

I've got a tat on my back that I would really like to cover up ...it kinda looks butch and I'm very girly-girly so I'd like to get a butterfly or something along those lines to cover it up. My tattoo is mainly purple & pink ...does anyone know if I'd need to get a really dark tattoo to hide the existing? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Neesha

Well like you I had a dreadful tattoo done on my back, it had faded and wasn't straight so I spent a bit of time choosing my cover up tat and picked one I really liked and got Danny Bullman in Limerick to do it. I'm so pleased with it, u'd never know the other was ever there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

Thanks for the reply Neesha ...did you have to get a fairly dark one to cover the original up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Neesha

well it was black already so there was no colour change but I've a red and green one on my shoulder and I'm also getting that covered and I was told there will be no problem with a colour change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

My dad had a back pieces covered you and an arm piece.

He had a centurion skull on his back and got an eagle to cover it up. And he had a cross on his forearm and got it altered to look like flowers and put my mams name with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Ask an artist about this, without asking them it is impossible to know what can be done with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement