Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another hardware site

• 01-06-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

This is one I nearly used, but they will only ship to the credit card address (so no delivery at work). But prices look good, and they claim to have SIP/Skype compatible kit. I didn't investigate too deeply as not buying, but check it out.

http://www.pcphoneline.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

They're mainly USB devices - which requires your PC to be on.
    The standalone IP phone looks alright though.

For the money you're better off with the sipura 1001. How's that going for you?

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Just back from 2 wks in Crete. Would have brought the Sipura and phone, but no Internet to plug into! 1001 is working great. I'm on NTL Max and Blueface. Tech support helped with Sipura config. I hadn't found the Sipura config page before I phoned, but he didn't treat me like an idiot, just talked me through the "push-button" exercise, and the Web setup.

Was able to talk to friends and pubs in Crete before I went. Not on "free" minutes, but at €0.0299 a minute, didn't even dent my prepay €10!

Using landline with UTV Talk, so most calls free off peak. Now Blueface for peak time, so have best of both worlds.

Sipura 1001 has only 1 phone connect, but I don't have a fax, so no problem.

If I gave up the landline, the second phone port would be good for a DECT base unit, so would upgrade then.

I'm a happy camper at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is going well :)

causal

Advertisement