Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF sword ebay=joy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I assume that they come under the heading of knives so they might be a hassle getting them into the country, maybe not the best place to ask

Should probably try to source the customs laws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I would imagine it would be fairly easy to import . It would be gauranteed if you knew someone in england or the Northern Ireland to send it too.

They look pretty tacky too , the buster sword is terrible and the gun part of the gun blade looks like it came from a 1 euro shop. The other ones are pretty cool.

But they are really not that rare as you appear to think . Just takes a real looney to buy one.

(I say that but really I'll be bloody green with envy if you get one)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I was in a sword shop in scotland a while back and the guy told me that they're classed as ornaments until the edges are sharpened. He claimed there was no trouble importing them. <add pinch of salt> :)

hope that helps.

ah good ol' loopholes, it would be cool enough to get a to scale model of the buster sword though, ie. 5-6 foot in length

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I've bought swords from shops in Britain before, there shouldn't be any problems as they're not illegal to posses, only to walk around with if the guards can prove you had the intent of using them. The gun blades I can't remember whether they're legal or not but I don't think they're on the list (there are a number of items which are illegal to import, make, buy, or sell in Ireland) so you should be able to import them without ay hassle.

Check out this:
    http://193.178.1.79/ZZA12Y1990.html

Checked and the gunblades should be ok:
    http://193.178.1.79/plweb-cgi/fastweb?state_id=1117698299&amp;view=ag-view&amp;docrank=9&amp;numhitsfound=14&amp;query_rule=(($query1)<=YEAR<=($query2)) AND (($query3)):TITLE AND (($query4)):number AND (($query5)):sectionno AND (($query))&amp;query3=weapons&amp;docid=20082&amp;docdb=SIs&amp;dbname=Acts&amp;dbname=SIs&amp;sorting=none&amp;operator=and&amp;TemplateName=predoc.tmpl&amp;setCookie=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

also you will have a sh!t time sharpening 440 stainless steel anyway, but they are ornaments after all

I have an ornamental samuari sword and I am happy as Fook that it isnt sharp. Becayse I have a very thick friend who thinks hes some knid of ninja/sas commando/you get the point. The first time he got a hold of it hye started swinging it and within seconds had hit something. Had it have been sharp serious damage would have been done or someone may have got hurt. (dont worry , I did learn my lesson)
    And just to bitch for a moment (because im like that and you cant stop me) the first time I handed him my air rifle just so he could see it he held it up to his shoulder and started pointing it around the room like a swat manoveur. And he even pointed it at me another after I had forgiven him as a joke. Oh isn't fun to bitch.

Moral of the story - If you or one of your friends is a bit of a noob its probably best it goes unsharpened anyways.

i can fully imagine one of my friends waving a sharp and or large sword in a dangerous fashion

sharpness and messing friends sounds like an abysmal combination

Yiou couldnt sharpen it if you tried because the metal woulnt take it as already mention and because the gradient of the edge would be like \/ that so it coulnt cut crap .

i went off on a tangent and was talking about sharp objects in general, i can just think of one particular person jumping around waving a sword

• Advertisement

Yep , we all know one. I dont let my guy near anything at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

farohar wrote:
    only to walk around with if the guards can prove you had the intent of using them
    You'll get into trouble if you're carrying a sword concealed, but carrying a sword openly is okay. The really interesting thing is how few people notice that you are doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well you can buy swords no bother from Funked Up so i can see no reason why there would be a problem in importing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Tauren wrote:
    well you can buy swords no bother from Funked Up so i can see no reason why there would be a problem in importing them
    It is a good idea to declare them though.

(If you bring swords in from Switzerland they stick cool stickers saying "Weapons" on them. I was disappointed that bringing some knives in from London the sticker only said "S").

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Talliesin wrote:
    You'll get into trouble if you're carrying a sword concealed, but carrying a sword openly is okay. The really interesting thing is how few people notice that you are doing so.
    That's one of those BS rumours, check the links I gave above for the exact legislation on the subject.

Yeah , stickers are cool , I brought and ex-military ammo box over from england and it had a huge sticker on it sayin : FREE FROM EXPLOSIVES. Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Just make sure they pack it well, might cut open the envelope on the way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

battleorders.co.uk offer nice rates too...

Advertisement