Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

First bluescreen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Looks good.

Only thing is that the size aspect of you vs the people on the bridge is a little off... but that's not important. Important thing is that it works. Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah it works, was very happy with it. Didn't see anything wrong with the aspect really as I'm supposed to be on the holodeck with them in the background...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good job achilles. What you could do, is run it through magic bullet and select a distinct appeal so it overlays both of you giving the same feel from both the foreground and the background.

Where did you buy your bluescreen from?

dlofnep wrote:
    Good job achilles. What you could do, is run it through magic bullet and select a distinct appeal so it overlays both of you giving the same feel from both the foreground and the background.

Where did you buy your bluescreen from?
    It was more of a DIY thing, I basically just bought a true blue bed sheet and hung it on a wall and made sure it was pulled tight enough. I haven't got €400 spare to spend on a pro bluescreen :-) Worked quite well too I think, the only problem is finding somewhere big enough in the house to hang it the next time I want to use it. I'll have to get somebody to build a frame for it for me or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

what editing application are you using ? I had problems doing the same thing but my blue was wall paint. I was thinking of walking into a fabric shop and asking for chroma blue but they probably haven't heard of it. Had a quick look at magic bullet site .....a bit pricey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Achilles wrote:
    Yeah it works, was very happy with it. Didn't see anything wrong with the aspect really as I'm supposed to be on the holodeck with them in the background...

Oops...

Fair enough. Didn't realise. Was on a college computer with no speakers at the time.

As I said, looks bloody good!

reece wrote:
    what editing application are you using ? I had problems doing the same thing but my blue was wall paint. I was thinking of walking into a fabric shop and asking for chroma blue but they probably haven't heard of it. Had a quick look at magic bullet site .....a bit pricey

I'm using a copy of Adobe Premier Pro 1.0 that I aquired (legally) from a friend of mine well over a year ago now. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Adobe After Effects but I just don't have that kind of money. If you're interested in testing out the software tho, a 30-Day trial copy can be downloaded from www.adobe.com

Check it out it's a brilliant piece of video editing software.

just had a thought..... for your next blue screen you should run it down the wall and along the floor. Take a Full shot standing on it and see if that eases you into the background

Achilles wrote:
    I'm using a copy of Adobe Premier Pro 1.0 that I aquired (legally) from a friend of mine well over a year ago now.

hope he uninstalled his version :D

reece wrote:
    hope he uninstalled his version :D
    He hadn't really got any need for it, his father used to get alot of software (all shrink wrapped and stuff) no idea where he gt it from...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Humpty D

Achilles wrote:
    Just wanting people's opinion on this, was my first attempt at ever bluescreening something...

http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/bluescreentester.wmv
    Looks good. Well done.

Advertisement