Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair product

• 01-06-2005 10:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got my hair cut kind of short, and I'm looking for something that will help keep it down (not that it sticks up, but my hair is a little frizzy and kind of looks a bit bowlish at the back).
    So I'm looking for something to weigh my hair down to my head more, if you know what I mean. I'm trying to avoid anything wet-look or anything that makes my hair like wood.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I'm in basically the same boat and I use Fudge hair shaper (firm hold factor 2).
    I got hooked on it when in Oz, only problem is you can't buy it in shops here but you can get it in a hairdressing supply place on Drury st (either drury st or the one behind it).
    It keeps hair the way you want it without looking wet or getting flaky dandruff type residue which I find with most gels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jothee

i've same problem as well. i've extremely thick hair which i can't have long but when its short it kind of sticks up. I've always had difficulty keeping it down.

however a few days ago i picked up a tub of garnier fructus surf hair, which someone recommended as being good for styling thick hair. its really heavy stuff and i was amazed at how well it flattened my hair. of course it could make it stick up if i wanted too :)

i've only being using it a few days but i've found it pretty good. i'd imagine you could use this stuff to create almost any style. maybe you should check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I've started using the Fructis surf hair in the last few days and its brilliant, it really is, its sooo strong, only problem is I smell all fruity! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

superb, will check them both out.
    Just one more thing, Would either of those products be good for getting a kind of (for want of a better word) jagged look in my hair? The front bits are longish and I want the fringe to look kind of jagged if you know what I mean...

i reckon you could do just about any style with the fructus surf hair. its actually meant for giving your hair a messy/beach look but of course i use it to flatten my hair. i don't think you'll have any problem getting a "jagged" look. just apply it carefully to those bits for hair you want to look that way

• Advertisement

nice one, I will get some of it tomorrow... Anything I have doesnt seem to do what I want it to, or else it makes it too greasy looking.

Cheers

yep i've had the same problem. i used to use dax blue tub but instead of making my hair look wet (like i wanted) it just seems to make it greasy. ugh. as well as the surf hair i also use fructus wet look gel. i find it too light to use on its own but its good for a non greasy wet look and its easy to apply even on dry hair.

finding good hair styling products is very difficult. there's so many. it would cost a fortune to try them all. maybe they should do free samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

jothee wrote:
    I've always had difficulty keeping it down.
    :D

jothee wrote:
    finding good hair styling products is very difficult. there's so many. it would cost a fortune to try them all. maybe they should do free samples.

Standing in boots the other day, I was thinking the exact same thing!

poobum:

LOL, i don't think hair gel is any good for that though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement