Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diabolical Wireless signal.

• 01-06-2005 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

As I sit here typing this the signal from my wireless router to my pc is a measley = Speed 6.0 Mbps - Signal Strength : Low

This is driving me up the wall as the wireless router is directly below the upstairs room I'm in in a standard 3 Bed Semi with wooden floors. What could the bad signal be caused by. I have no mobiles nearby and no wire free landlines. Its pathetic! Is it possible the router is faulty?

Help! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

What router are you using?

is the antenna pointing up? Point the centre of it in the direction of the weakest spot you are going to use.

You might not have mobiles or cordless phones, but your neighbours might. Try selecting another channel.

there might be a lot of metal between the floors, try moving the router around for the best signal. you may even find the best signal by a wall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Move the adapter away from any devices which may be interfering the signal. Cordless phones, landlines, surge protectors, microwaves, baby monitors etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

and if you have the laptop in the same room as the router do you have the problem - if no check location - antenna - floor - walls - telephone's - mobile

is the router and the nic a B or a G
    802.11B
    802.11G

If 802.11b whats the problem ? take into consideration you will never reach the recommended speeds!! and keep in mind location.

If 802.11g check the above + update the firmware of the router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Advertisement