Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA:San Andreas

• 01-06-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Only 6 more days left to GTA:SA. Can't wait, but I think its a bit of a sh!tty date right after the bank holiday. Is there any chance someone will break the shelf rule and sell it early.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Excellent. Id forgot this was coming out for xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cool didn't think it was that soon. i take it the pc version is due too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

quarryman wrote:
    cool didn't think it was that soon. i take it the pc version is due too?

Same day , 7th of June.

I want it before the weekend, what are my chances ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

game and xtravision have always sold before the monday afaik.
    i think everyt where does,
    helps make a bigger impact for sales results of opening day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I've had mine pre-ordered for the past months so im expecting a phone call to sya its in. Also he did say he could give it to me a few days early!!! I'm hoping tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone spot this or the PC version anywhere today?

Quite possibly due to the bank holiday on Monday.

Right everyone can call me a complete W@nker, because I just found out that it is not out until Friday the 10th of June.

And yes I do deserve a good kicking for my misinforming post's.

K-TRIC wrote:
    Right everyone can call me a complete W@nker, because I just found out that it is not out until Friday the 10th of June.

And yes I do deserve a good kicking for my misinforming post's.
    Seriously?!..

Don't worry it mate! I thought it was out the 6th / 7th June also, as that's the American date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Has anyone seen this for sale anywhere today?????

Has anyone seen this for sale anywhere today?????
    Nope.. as K-TRIC, the release date in Europe (presumably) is 10th June.

It will be released in the US either tomorrow or Tuesday... as store dates vary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Is San andreas on the x-box getting anything different to the ps2 version.
    Besides custom soundtracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

A decent framerate :p

There is nothing new is this version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

no, there is, instant replay aprently, so u can deicde if u wann awatch yourself run over a civ over, and over again, from differnet angles in slow mo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:
    A decent framerate :p

There is nothing new is this version.
    actually, running on the ps2 i've had pretty much no issues with framerates. they managed to knock that on the head.

didn't know about the instant replay. but from what i've heard, the difference is pretty much the same as the difference between vice city on ps2 and xbox... just shinier graphics and what not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i was gonna get it for xbox but i got a copy in perfect nick on ps2 for 2euro. yea i said 2 :D

custom soundtracks, better graphics, better controls, instant replay, and MUCH reduced loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

cleared ps2 version bout 4 times bought ps2 4 it, would getting an xbox(there4 better) version just be cruel to myself. Custom soundtract and better graphics does sound good tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

actually, running on the ps2 i've had pretty much no issues with framerates. they managed to knock that on the head.

Well I don't know what version you are playing but the framerate on my PS2 is dreadful. There aren't any huge drops in framerate, it's quite consistent but it doesn't run all that quickly either. It reminds me of playing PAL N64 games again. It was the first GTA game that I thought would be much better on xbox and PC due to the bad framerate.

I actually prefer Vice City to San Andreas. Just had more fun playing it. still its a good game and worth anybodies money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Plays perfectly on PS2 damn fanboys anyhoo IGn has vids of it on xbox looks just as manky another top notch port by rockstar.

kdjac

its worse framerate then vice city :rolleyes: i thought games were meant to improve as time go'es on? i suppose sony pushed there hardware to the limit with vice city, meaning SA wouldnt be much of a visual improvement, can anyone say "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT"

• Advertisement

There is SFA loading times in San Andreas. :rolleyes:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Sorry but "SFA"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I believe "SFA" means: Sweet F**k All

irish1 wrote:
    I believe "SFA" means: Sweet F**k All
    Ah right... i thought it'd mean something like that alright!

But just wanted to make sure it wasn't a technical term i was missing out on! :D

It's out on Friday, let all just wait until then and then pass judgement.

All the reviews I've read have been good. I'm certainly not going to waste my hard earned €60 on another Xbox title if reviews are saying its bad.

again, compare your SFA loading times on gta to any xbox title :rolleyes: still much longer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

again, compare your SFA loading times on gta to any xbox title :rolleyes: still much longer.

Last time I checked the load times for the Halo games took longer than a full lunar cycle. Compare that to the 20 seconds of loading at the start of san andreas.

lmfao halo, loading? yeah ONCE at the start of a MASSIVE level, and thats h2 with the sexy graphics, think halo1 (the good game) that has better graphics then all most all ps2 games, and it loads once for bout 20 seconds. funny, the xbox's launch game, (halo) still has better graphics and much quicker loading times that the majority of ps2 games, im not biased, i has both consoles, and its just my opionion.

lmfao halo, loading? yeah ONCE at the start of a MASSIVE level
    A massive level? And an ENTIRE CITY is not a massive level?

• Advertisement

with a stale framerate, poor graphics, and no bump-mapping? :rolleyes: well done rockstar!! :o i cud load an entire city with bump-mapping and decent textures out of my ass.

WTF? Every time someone challenges you, you just change the subject quickly with more fanboy bullshit.

Wish amp/monument would hurry up and ban you.

not fanboy, i have both consoles and play many games, i didnt dodge anything, just stating in my opinion that gta is horrible, gameplay is good, is that what u wanna hear? i think ur the fanboy. :rolleyes: u seem to be very much a fanboy, u mention gta, but u dont compare it to an xobx game to backup your argument? your the bias one.

Give me one example of me acting like a fan boy.

Ciaran500 wrote:

clear cut lie :D = pro gta,

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Last time I checked the load times for the Halo games took longer than a full lunar cycle. Compare that to the 20 seconds of loading at the start of san andreas.

lmao 20seconds to load san andreas? yeah, maybe, maybe thats why it looks pants. halo loads the same if not quicker, only loads once, and actually has nice graphics, and im talkin bout halo1, the xbox launch game remember? the one with better graphics then most ps2 games to date? ok, gta is more playable in single player.

• Advertisement

You might want to read up on the definition of fanboy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy&r=d

see, you obviouslt love your gta, but have you ever even heard or seen an xbox playing a game? "what the ****?, that doesnt look hlaf as SHlT as gta, im not playing" is the type of person you seem to be like, i play the game, it is good, but dont try and compare it to any major xbox games, coz it would lose hands down.

see, you obviouslt love your gta, but have you ever even heard or seen an xbox playing a game?

I own only an Xbox, no PS2.
    "what the ****?, that doesnt look hlaf as SHlT as gta, im not playing" is the type of person you seem to be like, i play the game, it is good, but dont try and compare it to any major xbox games, coz it would lose hands down.
    I am alot more open minded about games than you sound (look at your Killzone2 comments). Are you saying that one of the most critcally acclaimed games of this generation would "lose" to any major Xbox game? :rolleyes:

Please learn to spell and use punctuation, your posts are far to hard to read. Mabye it's better that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

My bro has gta san andrease on his xbox since about 2 hours ago :P .(how i love modded xbox's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Please learn to spell and use punctuation, your posts are far to hard to read. Mabye it's better that way.

Its just his accent. He cant help it.

• Advertisement

u seem to be looking forward to killzone2 cause sony showed you a fancie pre-rendered video off it, what it might look like on their new hardware, know if you were smart, (which you obviously are not) you'd release that killzone1 sucked, no by all means buy and play killzone2 because sony made you horny for it, but you'll be disappointed, and isn't this the wrong topic for killzone2? you must have got confused, busy thinking bout killzone2 :eek:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I own only an Xbox, no PS2.

I am alot more open minded about games than you sound (look at your Killzone2 comments). Are you saying that one of the most critcally acclaimed games of this generation would "lose" to any major Xbox game? :rolleyes:

lol, you made an error in your spelling it seems, when you where questioning mine. :o too bad eh?? :p

I never once said killzone2 would be good. I just can't see how you are sure it is going to be **** from a two minute prerendered clip.

Bet you have a great opinion of Gamecube to.

lol, you made an error in your spelling it seems, when you where questioning mine. :o too bad eh?? :p

Looks like you've lost this argument ciaran500 :rolleyes:

You made 5 spelling mistakes in your last post and didn't use a single capital letter. :rolleyes:

The gamecube is excellent, excellent graphics, well designed controller, (cept of the cable length) and some top-notch games, zelda, resi evil 4, pikmin, metroid, and twin snakes. ok, its not the most popular console, but it has some amazing gamecube only titles, and graphics on par, and alot of the time superior to xbox. it may have a small collection of games, and be a tiny dot on the ps2's radar, but it has some to games, and class FPS, unlike the ps2.

Keep it on thread lads !!!

OOoooh, I think I'm coming down all Mod :eek:

FPS's on the Gamecube?

I can't think of any good exclusive ones TBH. (although I amazingly agree with you about the Gamecube)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

Well its a bit obviously really that its going to be ****. It wasnt the real thing and it was only a demo and Sony dont have their Cell processor finished or their graphics card. They seem to be just lying like usual and trying to pull the wool over our eyes because they cant get their console finished and released before Microsoft so they try and make people think that the PS3 will be better than the Xbox360.

I have a great opinion of the Revolution, it rocks :Dwell hopefully

Metroid, i know it's more of a first person view adventure game, but it is amazing. I alway's found medal of honour games on the cube better then on any other format, dunno why, just felt right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement