Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA:San Andreas

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

The Gamecube has the best controller. Who agrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I fail to see what this has got to do with GTA:SA !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

topic has stray'd far enough :rolleyes: lets not go there. PS: where's boards.ie's gamecube section!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

not fanboy, i have both consoles and play many games, i didnt dodge anything, just stating in my opinion that gta is horrible, gameplay is good, is that what u wanna hear? i think ur the fanboy. :rolleyes: u seem to be very much a fanboy, u mention gta, but u dont compare it to an xobx game to backup your argument? your the bias one.

you're not just a fanboy, you're a hypocritical fanboy. good god.

anyway, back on topic..
    how long til a multi mod comes out for this one? the vice city one was hilarious.

vice city? bringing it back to the topic heh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

atari jaguar II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I bought it today and it looks like yet another masterpiece...there goes the summer!
    The graphics are quite nice and I havent noticed any loading times once you are in play and the cut scenes flow seamlessly in and out. I cant be arsed playing the missions yet as I'm too busy exploring the map which looks like it will take a very long time.

ps I love tractors (especially when you've got a black gansta' at the wheel)

cool, so a lazy tranfer to xbox? or a down right improvment from the ps2? let me know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

I've got Vice city for PS2, PC and XBOX and XBOX is the best by far. graphics are waay better, people have fingers instead of clubs for hands, also there's cool reflections on the cars and everything is smoothed out real nice. The difference in that case was that XBOX version came out waaay later than any other version so maybe this time, the PC will be better.

PC versions kick ass for the amount of modding you can do. nothing beats flying around Vice city in a Delorean time machine at 300 miles per hour.

• Advertisement

custom soundtracks :D better graphics, greatly reduced loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

nvr say its better than pc cause some nut out there prob has his pc overclocked like a mf and running a big graphics sli config. But in my opinion and i have gta games on all platforms but xbox is best... simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I dont like the targeting system, I sometimes end up shooting at the sky when I'm trying to take someone out. The game is great tho and I'm sure the mods will be available for it but there's so much stuff in it already, I dont see the point (unless they can get a multiplayer mod working for it like on the PC version of vice city)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

custom soundtracks :D better graphics, greatly reduced loading times.
    my brother got the xbox GTA:SA game today and the graphics are about the same (slightly smoother), and the loading times are 2 seconds better (yes, i am so lame i timed it...i'm out of college for the summer and jobless)...

i'm only commenting because you pissed me off in the playstation forum ;)

Custom soundtracks alone piss all over the ps2 version, i have both and the soundtracks give the xbox the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

personally i think the game is great but, have a problem with the whole "you need to get a haircut to do the mission". its more like The Sims than GTA. i havent really gotten into the game yet. ive only done a few missions but i find it more fun goin around wit a shovel kickin the crap outta all the ho's!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The_B_Man wrote:
    ive only done a few missions but i find it more fun goin around wit a shovel kickin the crap outta all the ho's!

I hear ya :D

Nothing better than beatin' some Ho's with a shovel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i bought this yesterday and im kinda dissapointed with the graphics, they are marginally better than the graphics on the ps2 and in places the jaggies are really bad. I would have expected the xbox conversion to be alot better looking than the ps2 version.

rockstar lazy port? custom soundtracks rule, and the xbox controls are cooler too. it has nothing to do with xbox or ps2, both versions could look better, rockstar just stink.

Advertisement