Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry Quotations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hopefully 3/4 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

for any of the questions i have done before its been between four or five pages, around 6 or 7 paragraphs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

What are you hoping for in English??

hoping for around a B.. if all goes well and we dont get awkard questions it should be ok.. i only need a C3 in it for my course

Didn't know you needed a HC3 in English for any course. What course you doing?

• Advertisement

animation in iadt... the deal is that you make a portfolio and send it to the college, they mark it out of six hundred and this score is combined with your leaving cert score and this determines weather you get in or not... for example last years point were 780, the year before(the first year of the degree course on cao) was around 645 i think

Best of luck anyway. Hope you get your points!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

RE:Timay
    thats what i do too. In my Longley essay i only had about 5 qoutes seperated from the answer on their own lines. The rest of them were structured into the answer to make sentences.

Longley goes through a process of dehumanising the "civil servant" who "was preparing an ulster fry for breakfast" when he was invaded by the ira and left for dead
    "someone walked into the kitchen"
    "and shot him"
    "a bullet entered his mouth".

i think the poetry q is important because they can make a big difference. I did no poetry q in my mock and got 55% but if i had done my longley q in the mock it would have brought me up to about 65-66%!!
    ive given up on doing 5 poets, not to mind 4, because its just too much at this stage. so ive done three nearly definites Yeats, Dickinson and longley(not so sure about this one) but hes easy so i learned him.he hasnt come up since 2001 and 2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

We told use two quote per point, 6 point, each with 2 little subpoint. My teacher she strict but she say do like baby cham bell nad make into sentance because it make it look like you real know poem and that you can used poem to prove point,

If it any help she alwyas shout "state, quote, explain, re state with proof" I know no what it mean but it is meant to be tip of good essay.

Advertisement