Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL = Esat = BT (WTF)????

• 02-06-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A bit confused, I have IOLBB 2mb, 40 odd /month, Whats their website, I havent checked in a while and now its seems to be BT have taken over.
    Where can I check my dl limit?

Thanks for the help,
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

www.btireland.ie, had a name change recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tHe_DaGs_BaGs

it's always been the same, nothings changed except the name and the addition of a new domain to the existing one.

i'd say another year and they'll phase the old stuff out.

the buyout happened a couple of years back now, they've just been in a transitional branding phase to get people used to 'BT' in the name. now it's been like that a while, so they've finished it off and changed over to their permanent (or as far as these things can ever be permanent) name.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well a few years ago IOL was bought by Esat (this was before BB was available).

Then a small while later Esat was bought by BT and it was renamed EsatBT.

Now they have just changed the name to BTIreland.

They have always used IOL as a brandname for their residential internet products. However I guess that will go away now as they are getting far more into integrated phone + bb services.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

joePC wrote:
    Hi all,

A bit confused, I have IOLBB 2mb, 40 odd /month,

m8, if your only paying 40 EURO a month i would think your on the basic package?

the plus version is 57 a month if i remember correcty...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thanks for the info, Jay still not too sure what im paying, Its a 2mb connection so im guessing its the 50+/ month im on.

Cheers, Joe.

Advertisement