Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike / Moped Rent in Dublin??

Options
  • 02-06-2005 8:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Having my final lesson before my A driver test next week.

Since I dont have a bike of my own yet, I was thinking of hiring one over the weekend.

Is there such a place some where in central dublin?
    I guess a Moped would be easier to hire since I only have a Provisional A license today.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Take a look at the FAQ. There are 3 different orgs that will hire you a bike: ISM, MSA and MRTG. With MSA and MRTG, I think you might have to take a lesson with them beforehand. It's not strictly a bike hire; you're not free to go wherever you want, but you can get a bike for the test from them.

BTW, provisional A licence covers you for more than a scooter. I presume you've been on a (geared) motorcycle, coz attempting to do the test on one after only riding a moped will not be trivial. And your full A licence will have restrictions in that you'll not be licenced to drive a bike, only automatic scooters (AFAIK). Take a B test in an automatic and licence is limited to driving automatics here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

I already have a bike for the test via ISM since I'm taking my lessons there. (should have said that in the first post.. dumb me)

I just felt that I needed som more road positioning practise over the weekend. So wanted to rent a moped just to practise on my own =)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I'm afraid you're stuck: you'll have to take some lessons, they won't give you the bike to practice on.
    Got any _really_ good mates with a cheap bike? Their insurance might cover you to ride their bike or they migth be able to cover you for the weekend/week up to test.
    It is better to stick to one bike so as the newness of the bike doesn't upset you or put you off in the test. I'm trying to clock up the miles on my new bike for the next advanced test. And no, you can't have a go; not learner legal :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

It should be fine next week.. just me who is nervous like h*ll. I really hope I'll pass the test.

Advertisement