Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info gathering

Options
  • 02-06-2005 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know if any mmorpg/mmog has servers set up in this country? Actually, physically here, is what I'm getting at.

Cheers,

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

why?

well as far as i remember Asherons call had their europ servers CO-LO in ireland. other than that i dunno, and now its no longer microsoft they may have moved also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

To the best of my knowledge there are none unless you count MUDs etc as MMORPGs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Without trying to sound terribly melodramatic, it's all to do with legal jurisdictional boundaries regarding region-specific additional content for MMORPG/MMOG worlds. :cool:

What would be the top 5 (are there enough to merit a top 10?) of this genre in play in Ireland and who are the developers?

Nah, I don't think MUDs would be usable in this case. I'm specifically interested in FPS / isometric viewpoint members of the genre. Basically, persistent worlds that require a secure registered userbase, with users in charge of a single character per session.

Any info ye could pass on would be very much appreciated. Anyone on here work for any of the developers in any capacity, by any chance?

BTW, Jaggeh, you're not *the* Jaggeh of Nogs fame, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I don't think there is a way to reliably tell in what order the top 10 most popular are, as subscription figures are commercial information that when released by the companies is best taken with a grain of salt. However, I'd imagine World of Warcraft (Blizzard), GuildWars, Everquest II (Sony), StarWars Galaxies (Sony), Eve, Matrix Online, City of Heroes, Asheron's Call 1+2, Everquest1, and DarkAgeOfCamelot would be in the list.

yes i am of nogs fame :P

and the top 5 in order are
    wow Blizzard (vivendi)
    EQ2 Sony
    SWG Sony
    COH Ncsoft
    Eve CCP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Ah. The old enemy. ;)
    I'm previously of JS6 and, currently, BIAGI.

Cheers for the top 5. I'll see if I can get in touch with them for some more info.

hisssssss snarl snarl etc
    i harbor no ill will towards js6/biagi as i was a post split joiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Advertisement