Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1s????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I was well peeved cos i got 3 A2's but iexpected A1's. Wow, what a nerdy sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Aristotle, what are you planning on doing next year? I'm hoping for an A1 in Accounting too, best subject ever (when the paper's nice!). I need about 420 too (Accounting in DIT), got 490 in the mocks but that was with all those oh-so-subtle hints from teachers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Looking over this thread I feel like a retard, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Only Human wrote:
    Looking over this thread I feel like a retard, lol!

Dont worry-its all relative!!, if i didnt need the points for what i want to do i wouldnt be aiming high so dont take it seriously...:)

Aristotle, what are you planning on doing next year? I'm hoping for an A1 in Accounting too, best subject ever (when the paper's nice!). I need about 420 too (Accounting in DIT), got 490 in the mocks but that was with all those oh-so-subtle hints from teachers...

Science in UCD. I had Accounting down as my first choice at one point, but then i realised that I might find it hard considering I didn't do Business for the Junior Cert. Still it looks like a good course imo.

• Advertisement

Science in UCD. I had Accounting down as my first choice at one point, but then i realised that I might find it hard considering I didn't do Business for the Junior Cert. Still it looks like a good course imo.

Yeah the Economics/Business theory end of it doesn't appeal to me so much...hopefully it's kept to a minimum!
    An A1 in Higher Maths though...gotta hand it to ya, that'd be impressive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

i want
    spanish A1
    Geography A1
    English B1
    German B1
    History B3
    Irish C1
    thats 515

i will get
    Spanish A1
    Geography B1
    English B3
    German B2
    History C1 (won't be able to finish paper)
    Irish C2

thats 475
    actually i wont get anything like that :(:(:(

Yeah the Economics/Business theory end of it doesn't appeal to me so much...hopefully it's kept to a minimum!
    An A1 in Higher Maths though...gotta hand it to ya, that'd be impressive! :D

I got 98% in Maths in my mocks (messed up a bit on the integration area thing :( ). I've never got less than an A on Maths in my life, and I don't plan to start! :)

I don't mean to gloat, but my teachers say that the impressive thing about me is noy my maths skills but how I've constantly ben able to get A1s in Accountancy without doing Business for the JC. But i agree with you: it is the easiest course you can do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

In an ideal world....
    English-B1
    Maths-B3
    French-A2
    History-A1
    Biology-B1/A2
    Classical Studies-A1/A2

In reality....
    English-B3
    Maths-C3
    French-B2/B1
    History-B1/B2
    Biology-B2/B3
    Classical Studies-B2

Damn.....

Good going in Classical Studies! I hear that can be quite hard.............

• Advertisement

I got 98% in Maths in my mocks (messed up a bit on the integration area thing :( ). I've never got less than an A on Maths in my life, and I don't plan to start! :)

I don't mean to gloat, but my teachers say that the impressive thing about me is noy my maths skills but how I've constantly ben able to get A1s in Accountancy without doing Business for the JC. But i agree with you: it is the easiest course you can do. :D

That is really good, there are plenty in my class who never did Business and the majority of them found it so hard to grasp the basic stuff. I can't understand how so many people regard it as one of the harder LC subjects, when it's just so repetitive!! [Not that I'm complaining :p ]

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Thanks if your any good at History its easy, actually if you're not very good at history it's pretty easy. There are more essays but there shorter... a lot shorter like 2 pages at most it's really easy to do well in if you can motivate yourself to do the work but some of it can be so mind-numbingly tedious

That is really good, there are plenty in my class who never did Business and the majority of them found it so hard to grasp the basic stuff. I can't understand how so many people regard it as one of the harder LC subjects, when it's just so repetitive!! [Not that I'm complaining :p ]

I know. It was so tough for me to decide to Accountancy because:

I would be the only person in the class who had not done Business previously.

My friends had seen the papers and thought it was quite hard, even for them.

The Accountancy teacher didn't think I was good enough.

And now I'm the only one doing Higher Level, and my Acc. teacher offered me a job to be an accountant at his golf course!

How wrong people can be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

I'm hoping for about 350 points, A1's are a bit outa my reach, well I might get one in Construction, and hopefully in maths (But thats pass maths)

Advertisement