Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB outage in Cork last night

• 02-06-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all,

Dont know if it was just me but did anybody from Cork who are on IBB Breeze have any problems connecting to the internet last night?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya been done all day too....... It was a esb power cut, I say there was alot of unhappy business users!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

from about 7pm last night no connection ... fine now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paul2420

I have just gotten rid of IBB (Ripwave) as outages are a frequent occurance. I got fed up of them and left. My transmitter used to go down for 40 minutes every hour after 6 pm. This went on for weeks....now have 1 Mb Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Paul2420 wrote:
    I have just gotten rid of IBB (Ripwave) as outages are a frequent occurance. I got fed up of them and left. My transmitter used to go down for 40 minutes every hour after 6 pm. This went on for weeks....now have 1 Mb Eircom.

AGREED!!!!!! :D

It is a pity as I do agree with their no caps policy but when one cannot access the service it is a useless facility to have. I am finding this cap with Eircom a royal pain in the ass! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Paul2420 wrote:
    It is a pity as I do agree with their no caps policy but when one cannot access the service it is a useless facility to have. I am finding this cap with Eircom a royal pain in the ass! :mad:

I must admit that this is the first outage I had in a long time.
    Any other outages I had were pre notified via email and would not last over an hour, plus the outage would be about 1 AM in the morning.

I was one of the first to get Ripwave in my area and it was fine for 6 months but then the contention rate kicked in and the sysem began to crash. I noticed this especially when IBB launched their 2Mb service. The 512Kb'ers were dumped to the side. :mad:

I never had one outage over the first six months but then it all went downhill. Reading the board here it seems this is a common problem. I am all for what they are trying to do it just didn't work for me.

Advertisement