Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Motivation

Options
  • 02-06-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

i cant start studying today at all, its like im looking at the books and writing out things but nothin is going in. it doesnt help the mommy is having a canary downstairs and slamming doors. i just cant get into it. i look at the date and i **** myself knowing its just round the corner...but what can i do to get motivated?!! anyone feeling the same? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Think about all your mates being in 1st year in college having a blast. Then picture yourself repeating your leaving. That should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Take some time off, no point flogging a dead horse.

Perhaps you should go to the libraray or something and get some quiet time. Stay away from the computer too. If you can't leave the house, a good idea would be to flip the main switch, knocking off the tv and the pc. Pull out the telephone wire too, and turn off your mobile.

And just keep saying to yourself, "There's only a couple of weeks left. 12 years down and 3 weeks left. A piece of cake."

Now STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

i know i really should its just so ****in hard! oh dear. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm in the same boat, exams start next wednesday and i've been sitting at my computer for the last 3 days straight doing sweet f all, knowing that I should be studying. Ah well, life ....

• Advertisement

i posted that at like one at at ten past four im still sitting at the computer with one ****ing flashcard written on micro biology!! oh crap!!

You should be happy, it's more than i've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

You should be happy, it's more than i've done.

yeah be happy, i basically didnt go in this year and i only started studying last week , all for a number of reasons.

:D

You all rule I suck heeeeeeeh

random fella wrote a deadly hamlet essay so i thought id take it down, incase the oul one walked in to show look im so intelligent, then he posted like fifty of them and i just couldnt stop laughing!! how do they know all this stuff!! doesnt help though that i have msn open and music playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

sorry to go off topic, but didnt random fella just copy the essay from a site, he posted it and took credit for it no?

• Advertisement

yeah later discovered, i took it down thinking my god this fella has some brains! some of the stuff is written by him but other is stuff he copied but for him to have all that stuff to copy he must have read the majority of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Get off the reefer-it lowers your will to do or succeed at anything-apart from maybe eating junk food and forming a lovely impression of your ass in seats & sofas alike!!

Or if not into blow-turn off your damn pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

ok theres wayyyyy too many people on here with less than a week to go i think this screams help

-i think i might just go study now ... music on ... time to lock the mouse and keyboard away

aww dont go then i really will have to go and study!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Set goals. If there's something about a subject you're not sure of, look it up, and try to make notes on it. Say you'll do it by a certain time. Test yourself without looking at books until it goes in.

thats a good idea, by the way jonny ur pics in ur gallery are brilliant!! see how distracted i get!! but really they are really good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Haha, i demand you to stop looking at my gallery and get back to work :(

thanks though! Good luck with the study, don't get depressed about it if you feel like you're not getting anywhere.

Agh, cant even find my poetry book ... and i was in the mood for some poetry and all.

Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ya can find most of the poems online just type in title or some part of it ya know on google and it'll be found.
    i know this coz i tried to use no bk as an excuse but i was informed by computer illiterate family it could b done... rats

• Advertisement

incredible i knew u wouldnt do any study!! hehe!! destined to be bums all our lives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

Nothing can really motivat you, its up to yourself,

You have two options, you can stay on the computer, watch t.v or go out etc, or....... you can take the finger out and do some study, no one like to do study but its just one of them thing thats got to be done,

It'll be all over soon so try and use your time as efficently as possible,

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

i cant study either n ive dun nothing in 2 years! im so screwed... :(

Just finished maths paper 1, got 5 questions 100% perfect, messed up one a little bit and did the other 2 questions just for *fun*. Helps that I know most of the maths, should really be studying physics or history instead but meh...

you studied!! noooooooo!! you traitor!!

Barely ... though I do plan to do some irish tomorrow. Might write a letter and story.

So much to do and so little time, I think i'll just scrap physics and history and concentrate on the other 5.

i like ur mentality!!! i have a 3 hour grind in english tomorrow so i have an excuse!! hehe

Oh and tech ... damn, that leaves me with maths, irish, french and english.

I'd say I can scrape together 200 points from them 4.

what u wanna do after school? or as i keep saying what u wanna be when i grow up?

• Advertisement

When I grow up, I want to be a waterbeetle.

Computer Science or Computer Applications or Engineering or something in those fields. Whatever I get the points for - if I get the points. Though I have carlow's computer games development down as number 1 choice but I wont get that.

Advertisement