Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland V Israel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Oh god i hate that ref and the goalkeeper i ****ing hate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

O'Brien off.
    That goalie needs to be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

That is insane. I forsee a hate campaign against this 'keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ref is a total prick, one of the worst sending off's ever

Dirty feckin JEW keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

That keeper is a disgrace. SO is ref - he is dreadful.

• Advertisement

We saw 6 minutes added time in the CL final, there should be about 10 in this, we'll probably only see 2 or 3.

how the fúck did that not go in...
    oh God I thought it was in

this is unreal

Wtf is going on i swear god is makieng up for everything that happened 60 years ago

7 minutes added.
    This ref is some ass bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I am listening to the match online but it does sound like the ref is pretty bad?
    Is it as bad as it sounds?

Come on ireland come on

OY wrote:
    I am listening to the match online but it does sound like the ref is pretty bad?
    Is it as bad as it sounds?

He should be stoned to death

JESUS CHRIST!
    It's just not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,610 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How the [thought censoring myself here] has that [again] of a goalie not been sent off at this stage? And why the hell haven't we scored again?

Bunch of JEWS

The refs a ****ing gaylord a ****ing gaylord he hates us clearly

We should have had around 4 peno's

All this is down to Brian Useless Kerr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ffs!!!

Bollocks, load of bollocks.

• Advertisement

Utter Utter Bollocks

If you reffed that sodding uselessly in an AMATEUR league, you'd lose your FAI licence.

Extremely sodding ANGRY.

Really how the fudge did we draw that

someone stamp on isreals goalkeepers balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Holy Cow! Even the commentators on BBC who are 'unbiased' are screaming at the referee about the penalties.
    When the keeper got a yellow card both said:
    'It is a bit late!'

FINAL Whistle just went off! This sucks! I know that we missed a ton of chances and we should have won, but there was plently of play acting by Isreal. I will watch this later but apparently O'Brien should not have been sent off either.

Right, Isreal are going onto my enemy list.

How does the ref give them a peno and then dismiss every single peno appeal we have without the bat of an eyelid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

stupid ref in all fairness but the draw stems from our bad substitutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Well... it was the kinda game anyone who isn't Irish would enjoy. I'm glad not every game is like this.

The crowd at least picked it up for the second half for some gun-ho football towards the end.

I don't remember Ian Harte sounding so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm fit to kill something! Physcially need to box the head of something! So furious! :mad:

funny i don't think he was the man of the match tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

More shouting in the studio. Chippy is angry tonight!

Cremo wrote:
    stupid ref in all fairness but the draw stems from our bad substitutes.

True, tactically I think it's fair to say Kerr was a mess.
    Andy Reid off for Gary Doherty was a poor decision, why remove a creative player like Reid? Especially when Israel are week defensively from corners and crosses.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I'm fit to kill something! Physcially need to box the head of something! So furious! :mad:

I know how you feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kerr will be thanking his lucky stars that the Israeli goalkeeper and the referee will attract all the criticism and deflect it from after yet another tactical disaster. If we don't qualify for the World Cup, he has to go.

Shay Given - Not much todo, can't really be faulted - 8

Ian Harte - Suberb free kick, not done much else, didnt get involved - 6
    Kenny Cunningham - Done his job, played well - 7
    Andy O Brien - Played well, sent off for nothing - 7
    John O Shea - Out of his depth in the premiership and internationly, give away the peno cause he's a clutz. 5

Andy Reid - best player on the pitch at one point, taken off in a tactical cockup - 8
    Matt Holland - Invisible, save for a few lunging tackles - 6
    Kevin Kilbance - started well on the middle, was poor when he moved out left, again tactics ****ed him over a little
    Damien Duff - skillful as usual, played well 8

Clinton Morrison - don his job well, maybe his best performance? held the ball up well, solid - 9
    Robbie Keane - started well, great goal from reids suberb pass, injured, off after 20mins when we were 2 up - 7

Kavanagh - very impressed with him, invaluable set pieces and long throws - 8
    Doherty - done his job, unlucky not to score 2 - 7

Overall - We lost our shape, didn't deserve to win in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

im so mad at that ref + keeper its unreal. We were so unlucky today. I blame the draw on kerrs tactics. He should of took off o shea instead of reid. I mean why take off our best player ffs!!!!!! Looks like the swiss game will be the clincher for 2nd place as i cant see us beating france

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Unbe-f*cking-lievable. How the hell did they manage to do that to us AGAIN. AGAIN!

We'll look back on the Israel matches as the reasons we didn't qualify for this. Watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

both keeper and ref a total fúcking disgrace. That keeper should have been sent off for punching, and also for time wasting. I hope their bus gets stoned on the way out. Is it any wonder everyone hates the israelis. dirty cheating bástards :mad:

L5 wrote:
    both keeper and ref a total fúcking disgrace. That keeper should have been sent off for punching, and also for time wasting. I hope their bus gets stoned on the way out. Is it any wonder everyone hates the israelis. dirty cheating bástards :mad:
    I think that's a bit much hoping their bus gets stoned.

Would you like us to turn into the English fans?

The whole game didn't go our way - part from the first 15 minutes - but we have to walk away from this, sure it's a travesty but so was the F.A. cup final 3 weeks ago.

Cremo wrote:

Would you like us to turn into the English fans?

In fairness theres times i wouldnt mind it .....this would be one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

bizmark wrote:
    In fairness theres times i wouldnt mind it .....this would be one of them

hear hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nah, they got what they came for - a draw. They're a poor team full of average players who, if they somehow managed to cheat their way to the World Cup would be shown up for the amateurs they are. What concerns me more than Israel's approach is the fact that Kerr just isn't learning from his mistakes and time after time makes the wrong tactical decision. Israel's cheating didn't cost us the game, bringing on Keane for Kavanagh and taking of Reid for Doherty did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Automatic qualification looks as good as done and the Play-off place will be tall order with games against France and Switzerland and tough away trips in Cyprus and The Islanders. Bad tactics, the ref and Awate may well have delivered a fatal blow to Ireland's WC hopes.

Brian017 wrote:
    Automatic qualification looks as good as done and the Play-off place will be tall order with games against France and Switzerland and tough away trips in Cyprus and The Islanders. Bad tactics, the ref and Awate may well have delivered a fatal blow to Ireland's WC hopes.
    where do we have to finish for automatic qualification top 2?

First, but I think best runner up from all the groups qualifies automatically too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

1st for automatice. 2nd for playoffs I believe.

Customs should search the referee for any undeclared brown envelopes.

Cremo wrote:
    where do we have to finish for automatic qualification top 2?

Unless something has majorly changed, FIRST....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Kerr got his tic tacs wrong after keane went off,bringing on a midfielder was a bad move.How some people think reid/morrison had good games is baffling neither contributed much to the attack.Even if we won we would still have had to beat either france/switzerland to finish in the top 2 so all is not lost.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Cheating bastards. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

its is only 1st who get auto sure of that im not sure how many get into the playoff's overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I think Duff didnt work as hard as he could have ... he's not just some player, he should be there and win the ball! I felt ,as well as he did, he just didnt step up once Keane came off and thats what we needed!

Clinton played well but i didnt see him go to the ball if u get me! Alot of the time he was just staying in position waiting for a cross etc., he had great strikes though and was unlucky!

I guess i'm hard on these 2 because they are my fav., players!

But O Shea and Harte OMG!!!!

They gave Harte Man of The Match just because he came back and got a goal??? They just didnt know who the hell should get it in my opioin (could they give it to Keane??) I think Kerr proved y Harte was off for so long ... takes the glory then stands back!

The fans at the beginning looked so nice and thankful for being here .. they looked like really respective people.. What the **** went wrong????! The players werent playing soccer, more like 'how many ppl can we piss off' and 'how many yellows can we get induvidually'! They rock at these games hee they even got us a red... and more then half theyre team have a yellow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement