Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why would you bother!

Options
  • 02-06-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Yesterday a group of teens robbed the dust caps off my car! :rolleyes: :confused:
    Anyone else had stupid things robbed from their car....a few years ago, the bulbs outta my Dad's front fog lights were robbed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

A collegue had the rear wiper stolen off his clio (The nut that holds it in place was unscrewed, this was no act of vandalism....)

I guess for the most part these are nicked to replace parts on other cars. But perhaps the dust caps are more for display/bragging rights? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Dust caps as in wheel covers?
    They must have been very special :D
    Know of someone who had his reg plates nicked, and replaced (with different ones). Funny prank unless it happens to you.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

My mam had a luminous smily face ball that fitted to the top of her aerial. Stupid thing, but it helped her spot her car in a car park.
    But, it was stroked from the car, in liffey vally car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

jozi wrote:
    Dust caps as in wheel covers?
    Nope....air valve covers

prospect wrote:
    But, it was stroked from the car, in liffey vally car park...
    Surprise surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I had a small chrome clock pulled off the handlebars on my motorbike in a campsite in France. Bloody thing didn't work anyway so I hope whatever gob****e took it needed a small paperweight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I had the glass stolen from the right wing mirror on my old Mark IV Golf on Strand Road. Obviously someone needed to replace theirs. Ended up costing me £25, the *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've had about a dozen dust caps nicked off my cars over the past few years. Since putting my recently(-ish) imported car on the road about two months ago, all the dust caps have disappeared.

I should say these are all metal rather then plastic dust caps. My keyring is basically a spanner that allows tightening of metal dust caps beyond the point where the casual knacker can unscrew them by hand.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

jozi wrote:
    Know of someone who had his reg plates nicked, and replaced (with different ones). Funny prank unless it happens to you.

Jozi

Funny alright--I swopped one of the lads cars plates here with "HONK IM GAY" plates on a Friday of a long weekend(was revenge for a prank played on me--they took all the relays out of the car and just left in enough to keep the car driving.No wipers,electric windows,air con, sunroof, etc for 3 days over a weekend)

He drove all the way to Cork with the plates on the car and couldnt understand why everyone was honking at him.And since it was a long weekend and he was stuck in the middle of nowhere he couldnt even get new plates made up for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Some little B*sta*ds robbed my indicator and surround off my focus!! its gona cost 70 pound for a new one from hella :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

fletch wrote:
    Yesterday a group of teens robbed the dust caps off my car! :rolleyes: :confused:
    Anyone else had stupid things robbed from their car....a few years ago, the bulbs outta my Dad's front fog lights were robbed!

i'm going to win this price .....

Half an L plate... yes , Half an L plate......they took the top half and left the botton half...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

My Dad has a 5 series BMW with the "Angel eye's" headlights, some arse hole nicked them, didn't leave a mark or scratch on the bumper or bonnet, but the scumbag cut the wiring loom on both sides, so to replace the headlights and rewire the lights ended up costing him over €1250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

When we were kids we always took the dust caps off cars whenever we needed them for our Raleigh Burners and BMX's. It's all fun and games until they nick mine !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hellrazer wrote:
    Funny alright--I swopped one of the lads cars plates here with "HONK IM GAY" plates on a Friday of a long weekend(was revenge for a prank played on me--they took all the relays out of the car and just left in enough to keep the car driving.No wipers,electric windows,air con, sunroof, etc for 3 days over a weekend)

He drove all the way to Cork with the plates on the car and couldnt understand why everyone was honking at him.And since it was a long weekend and he was stuck in the middle of nowhere he couldnt even get new plates made up for the car.
    LOL

That's a great prank. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Death to anyone who touches your car.

I have had so much stuff robbed off cars I gave up counting, the worst was the the time some scummer broke ALL of the locks on my Fiesta only to steal the stick-on Garfield off my rear window...

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

magpie wrote:
    I had the glass stolen from the right wing mirror on my old Mark IV Golf on Strand Road. Obviously someone needed to replace theirs. Ended up costing me £25, the *****.

thats cheap, that glass is curved and heated, ive bought one recently and it was 52 euro and that was from GSF

anyway it will be no good to them, as once u remove it once the clips loosen(only plastic) and basically although it clips on when the mirror is hit by a passing car the glass flies off and hits the side window and smashes. ask me how i know this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

..... only to steal the stick-on Garfield off my rear window...

In fairness - that's not something I'd admit to.

LOL at Hellrazer - nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Borzoi wrote:
    In fairness - that's not something I'd admit to.
    hey, they were the height of cool in 1989 and you could open the damn car with a spoon but these twats smashed it instead. Serve me right for living on Dorset St...

jhegarty wrote:
    i'm going to win this price .....

Half an L plate... yes , Half an L plate......they took the top half and left the botton half...
    lol....u win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

nothing taken yet & 4yrs driving.... hope i didnt just jinx meself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've had nothing car related stolen but once back in about 1985 someone nicked a 3 hour blank VHS cassette from my car. Tapes cost a fortune back then!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

:D Some of the things they take are stupid......like the Garfield one......my ex GF had a teddy of a cow taken from the back of her '89 Diahatsu Charade a few years back!

LOL
    Her ma used to drive the car also and when she came out from doing her shopping one day, she loaded up the boot of the car......when she got into the car to drive off she realised that it wasnt the car she was supposed to be in :D

So she cuda had 2 Charade's for the price of 1.......but sure 1 is shameful enough!

She bailed out and threw the shopping into the rite car....locked the other one and burned off!

I nearly wet myself when i heard about it later that evening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Greatest one was my uncle who had a Toyota keyring on the keys to his Mazda 626, it was from his old car, he managed to lock the keys in the car, some scumbags broke in, nicked them and were caught 10 minutes later trying to get into an Avensis down the road, quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Petal

Couple of weeks ago, my car was broken into. There were a few cds in the glove box and spare change in side of doors. They weren't taken. Wasn't until a few hours later I realised.. they stole a bag of maeve binchy books from my boot! Smart kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

.... I've had countless dustcaps stolen on me. It's easier to have plain black pastic ones now :) My number plates have been taken. I've had 1 indicator lens taken... once the f*ckers broke one of my wiper blades in half to use as a tool to prise the stereo out of the dash (they ripped the dash apart in the process). They didn't even have the front face for the stereo!....oh, and I've also had my whole rear parcel shelf ripped out of the car.
    Why bother buying spare parts when you can just rob them eh?...scum bags.

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

i used to work for cabel-link years ago and one morning i came out to find the side and passenger doors gone :eek: ( hiace van)also the rear windscreen when i rang the cops they said they were on the way as there had been other reports of similar cases that morning . the muppets were found of course ,they actually drove around in a van with multi coloured body work :o genius!! . i wouldnt mind but the van was full of trial decoders which worked for about six months for free before the card ran out ,not one was missing :D

Advertisement