Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Novels

Options
  • 02-06-2005 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any decent Star Trek Novels.

I've read a few - Q-in-Law, Rock and a Hard Place, Best Destiny, The Seige. Thought they were fairly decent and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

read shatners book it starts off right after star trek generations called the return then read the 4 books after that its a great story well worth it william shatner is a good auther

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cha1ner

I've always found the Star Trek: New Frontier series to be a good read. Takes a while to get into though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

There are four books that tell the story after Voyager returned to Earth (picks up right after the last Voyager episode). Written by Christie Golden,Homecoming, The Farther Shore, Enemy of my Enemy and another title that I forgot. Interesting, but quite an easy read. I prefer something more demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've got a few the "Invasion!" set is quite a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Any of the Peter David ones - especially Vendetta, Q-Squared, Imzadi (theres an Imzadi II as well but I didn't think it was as good as the first)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

qwertz wrote:
    There are four books that tell the story after Voyager returned to Earth (picks up right after the last Voyager episode). Written by Christie Golden,Homecoming, The Farther Shore, Enemy of my Enemy and another title that I forgot. Interesting, but quite an easy read. I prefer something more demanding.

Still got those books knocking about? I wouldn't mind a read of those, always wondered what happened to Voyager after they got home cus there was nothing in the final episode *flies towards earth* ohhh look we're home *end*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I uhm aquired 77 books in txt file format, Have to say the dominion war series was very good.

User45701 wrote:
    read shatners book it starts off right after star trek generations called the return then read the 4 books after that its a great story well worth it william shatner is a good auther
    I read most of those, got kind of half way through the one after the return (forget it's title at the moment) but the story just got very boring so I stopped reading it. The rest were great too, especially when I first read teh blurb for Spectre about
    Voyager returning home when it was the mirror universe version with duplicates all along. Great read the whole mirror universe trilogy he penned. Especially him eventually working with Tiberius etc in one of the later books.

Great read all in all. I wholeheartedly recommend shatner's series of books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Any of the Peter David ones - especially Vendetta, Q-Squared, Imzadi (theres an Imzadi II as well but I didn't think it was as good as the first)

aye the are top , but i can also give a few autors that i enjoy'd over the years,

La graf ( like to pummel Checkov for some strange reason)
    Diane Duane ( If you like Vulcans you will love here , Spocks world , Dark Mirror ( My ex won a prize of being made a char in that book).)

bahh cant' remember his name, but it's book 5 in the DS9 serivers , Fallen heros. Fantastic read.

and many many more, think i have a little over 250 books in total , and thats just trek , I'm a Asimov Fan so guess how many i have of his :eek: :p

Dark Mirror, I was half way through reading that when I lost it on a Bus Eireann bus last year. Which character was your wife in it? I was only at the stage where the Enterprise D started getting infiltrated by duplicates...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dark Mirror was great.. what the DS9 episodes could/should? have been :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

also love anything by peter david quite enjoy his stuff. the DS9 stuff set after the series is also quite enjoyable and i like the crossover books that deal with stuff from each series like as mentioned previously the invasion books and section 31 for example.

michale jan friedman is another name that springs to mind and he is doing quite a good stargazer series atm also check out andrew j robinson's book on garak called a stitch in time.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Still knocking about :) Clear your inbox.
    Achilles wrote:
    Still got those books knocking about? I wouldn't mind a read of those, always wondered what happened to Voyager after they got home cus there was nothing in the final episode *flies towards earth* ohhh look we're home *end*

qwertz wrote:
    Still knocking about :) Clear your inbox.
    Sorry didn't realise. Done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

One of the first books I read was Federation. This one was written by Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens. These are the guys who've written most of season 4 of Enterprise. It's a TOS / TNG crossover thing. Very entertaining.

Achilles wrote:
    Dark Mirror, I was half way through reading that when I lost it on a Bus Eireann bus last year. Which character was your wife in it? I was only at the stage where the Enterprise D started getting infiltrated by duplicates...

She wasn't my Wife .. even thinging about the fact she could be has me in :eek: .

She was my GF .. she's a Lt. i think ... she's on the enterprise i would give the name out but i just give the surname, Pickup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

I remember reading those trek books as a kid there all muck. With the exception maybe of Q Squared and best destiny. I know Diane Dunne lives somewhere in Wicklow with her Husband. Who's name I've forgotten. But they both used to write trek books. If I recall correctly the also wrote a couple of episodes of TNG. which were absolute Clunkers.

Does anydy remember the bloke from Bray who submitted a number of Scripts for DS 9 and had then accepted. Does anyone which episodes they were and if he ever wrote anything else

Clunkers? Erh... what? If she wrote those two (I think there were two) Eps of Diddly Idle ****e for TNG I WILL hunt her down and kill her... seriously. I'd like to kill the guy who wrote Fair Haven for Voyager too.

Achilles wrote:
    Clunkers? Erh... what? If she wrote those two (I think there were two) Eps of Diddly Idle ****e for TNG I WILL hunt her down and kill her... seriously. I'd like to kill the guy who wrote Fair Haven for Voyager too.

Thing your thinking of "Up the long ladder" and no that wasn't her,
    Don't think she did write a esp , but there was a strong rumor that Dark Mirrow was gona make it as a Movie a few years back.

Advertisement