Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

802.11b or g

• 02-06-2005 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

either my wifi router or my wifi card is b becuase i am only connecting at 10 Mbps per second, how do i find out which it is or both so i can replace it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Ok more info please: Router MAke and Model

Card Make and Model !

And help is at hand !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Just because you are connecting at 10Mb/s doesn't mean you are on b.

You could be on g with an interfered or distant signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

zap wrote:
    either my wifi router or my wifi card is b becuase i am only connecting at 10 Mbps per second, how do i find out which it is or both so i can replace it.
    10Mbps is not a data rate for 802.11b or 802.11g so the chances are that you are looking at the wrong thing (maybe an ethernet port?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

first of all sorry i ment 11Mbps not ten ok router is U.S. Robotics 8054 and the card is Intel PRO Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini. got a feeling the card is g and the router is b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

USR 8054 router is g capable so its either interfernce, the speed is set to b only on the router, or you intell adapter is b only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

zap wrote:
    first of all sorry i ment 11Mbps not ten ok router is U.S. Robotics 8054 and the card is Intel PRO Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini. got a feeling the card is g and the router is b.
    According to http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/prowireless_mobile.htm the 2100 card is 802.11b only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

ah well that's fine as long as it is not the router not worried bout the card in the laptop just i want to stream music and i was not going to try that over b.

Advertisement