Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

012345667 - missed call

Options
  • 02-06-2005 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I know, an odd thread, aren't they all.

I got a missed call from this number yesterday and I'm trying to find out what it is. :D I think its a missed call from fame and fortune ... I delude myself.

Did anyone else get a call from this number? is it just a telemarketing company?

I tried calling it straight after but it was busy, when I called it this morning it was not a valid number.

Did I miss my chance at millions??????? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

If you did, I'm sure there a couple of Nigerians who might be able to help you out if you send them all your bank account details by e-mail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

hmm, did you consider ringing the number???

toiletduck wrote:
    hmm, did you consider ringing the number???

KlodaX wrote:
    I tried calling it straight after but it was busy, when I called it this morning it was not a valid number.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I think the names are drawn on a saturday http://www.lotto.ie/media_room/lotto_news_show.asp?id=215

I'd love to know what that damm number is. I normally don't give a s!*t about missed calls, I keep my phone on silent ... just for some stupid reason I think its the damm lotto. Why I don't know!!?!?!

I'd really like to know what that number is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Looks like a default test number for a pbx?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

I know when I send an sms from my email client in work, the number appears as something like that. But this would not explain the missed call. Maybe it is a VoIP call originating call??

what is a pbx and a VoIP ? My phone rang.. I was so close to answering buy my boss walked by and I didn't want to appear to be doing something other than what I was mean't to be doing!

Dammit.. should have answered. Is fame and fortune recorded on a Wednesday or is it live on a Saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PBX = private branch exchange - i.e. a small phone switch like you'd have in office buildings, factories, etc.
    VoIP = voice over IP, someone calling from an IP phone/softphone on teh interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

rte have no way of checking my missed call :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 riskky

PADDYPOKER wrote:
    If you did, I'm sure there a couple of Nigerians who might be able to help you out if you send them all your bank account details by e-mail ;)
    I think your comment about Nigerians is in bad taste. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

riskky wrote:
    I think your comment about Nigerians is in bad taste. :(

He's talking about the 419 Scams.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My understanding is that the Caller ID is sent between the second and third ring. If you disabled caller ID on outgoing calls is it possible to spoof it ??
    Or do the devices that detect Caller ID only look at the rings or could they be tricked with a signal later on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Why do u keep talking about fame and fortune? The contestants are chosen on Saturday, their names are posted on www.lotto.ie and the show is filmed on Saturday afternoon. I would think they would have got in contact with you already, sorry. :(

Serbian wrote:
    He's talking about the 419 Scams.
    Fine but should have said so.It is still improper to make sweeping statements about any particular group.There are lots of honest,hardworking nigerians out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:
    yea the nigerians do run 419 scams and the irish are armed robbers and the irish police corrupt! How does that sound?And who is lying to protect who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

hi,

do you know anyone that is out of the country at the moment? sometimes when a call is routed from abroad it can be displayed as a similar number to the one you got a call from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

riskky wrote:
    Fine but should have said so.It is still improper to make sweeping statements about any particular group.There are lots of honest,hardworking nigerians out there

Oh shut up and get a life, you troll!

• Advertisement

Why do u keep talking about fame and fortune? The contestants are chosen on Saturday, their names are posted on www.lotto.ie and the show is filmed on Saturday afternoon. I would think they would have got in contact with you already, sorry. :(

I saw that but my bf said he knew someone who previously got on the show and they went up on a Wednesday to record it. I don't think it is live on a Saturday. Would they not need to confirm with the players that they can actually make to the show before announcing who the players will be?

I dunno.. I like to think that it wasn't them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

KlodaX wrote:
    I saw that but my bf said he knew someone who previously got on the show and they went up on a Wednesday to record it. I don't think it is live on a Saturday.

When I was last involved with that sort of thing (mid-90s and no I wasn't a contestant :(), it was recorded live of a Saturday, and then shown a few hours later.

D.

Advertisement