Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question

• 02-06-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I'm getting the 25 Euro NTL B/B installed next week but
    I'm debating about getting one of those nice looking Laptops in Dunnes.
    So I'd have a Desktop downstairs and Laptop upstairs.
    How do I use the B/B as the connection is downstairs and I'd be using the Laptop upstairs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

You'd need a wireless router/modem. I'm not sure if NTL support cable wireless routers. Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

You need a wireless router. The cable still goes into the NTL modem which is connected to your pc via the router. I have a similar setup as well as a "wired" network via Powerline points to my MP101 and have had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

NTL don't give you tech support for your LAN - you do it yourself.
    They do allow up to 3 PC's connected on your home LAN.

Check out this thread running two pcs off NTL broadband

Search the broadband archives and check out the Nets / Comms and Wireless forum.

We really could do with a sticky on this coz it's asked every week; or at least an autoredirect to Nets / Comms :D

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

And you might also be interested in the commentary over on the Bargain Alerts forum about the D/S machinery.

Advertisement