Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Year Awards

Options
  • 02-06-2005 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm ripping this off from Trinity's forum and I know Seb made a similar sort of post on one of the threads on this forum but if we're going to issue out awards we should do it right! OK, my awards:

SPAMMER OF THE YEAR Sangre
    MOST HELPFUL USER OF THE YEAR Blondie83
    MOST ANNOYING OF THE YEAR Pat Patterson (It's not the real one)
    FUNNIEST USER OF THE YEAR SebtheBum (Cos he seems to have a similar sense of humour to yours truly)
    BEST MOD Uberwolf (He was here for most of the year in fairness)
    BIGGEST FLIRT Alana (Some will say me but they're wrong!)
    BEST THREAD Help! Drop Out dilemma - Zane (Showed the bad side of UCD)
    MOST FOOLISH USER OF THE YEAR Me (Damn those library fines...)
    MOST INSPIRATIONAL NON-CORPOREAL ENTITY Pat Paterson

Let's hear your choices...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

BEST THREAD Help! Drop Out dilemma - Zane (Showed the bad side of UCD)

Wow.... wow........ WOW!

What an honour it is for me to except this award. Since I was young boy I have dreamed about this moment and now it has finaly arrived. Destiny said I would win this award some day. I deserve this award because I'm brilliant. I have many allies and even more enemies in this college and I'm getting great satisaction out of the jealousy that shall come my way.

I would like to thank myself because I'm so brilliant and would like to thank my fellow Arts students who made the thread possible for being such a bunch of w@nkers.

Peace and Love,

Zane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I would like to thank myself because I'm so brilliant and would like to thank my fellow Arts student who made the thread possible for being such a bunch of w@nkers.

Gracious bugger, isn't he?! :D

Cheers MNG for the Funniest Poster Award, it saddens and embarasses me to say that I truly am really chuffed about gettin such an endorsement! I'm sittin here grinnin inanely in the small-time glory of winning your approval, I'm genuinely pleased. Despite the fact that I know it doesn't matter in the bigger picture, I am nonetheless honoured.
    Thanks mate.
    Top bloke. :cool:

As for mine (I know, I posted some of them already, but that was before Mr. Nice Guy devoted an entire thread to such awards!):

SPAMMER OF THE YEAR Kevin_rc_ie
    MOST HELPFUL USER OF THE YEAR Red Alert
    MOST ANNOYING OF THE YEAR lateasever
    FUNNIEST USER OF THE YEAR Tough one. It's between Zane, Peachypants and Kasintahan. Mr.Nice Guy, you would get a vote but ya never turned up for the boards things man!! Gotta come along next time mate
    BEST MOD Truckle for banning lateasever for 3 days. Top mod.
    BIGGEST FLIRT kittenkiller. Nuff said, really, the bird is nuts.
    BEST THREAD Help! Drop Out dilemma - Zane (It really gave me a boost knowin that I wasn't the only one who went thru this. Fair play to the bloke)
    MOST FOOLISH USER OF THE YEAR Zane. Leaving your bag AND coat in Doyle's was not a good move. It was foolish.
    MOST INSPIRATIONAL NON-CORPOREAL ENTITY Our "Zane" before the real one actually turned up for a boards meeting. Our plan worked, in fairness, cos he wouldn't hav bothered his ass turnin up otherwise.

Cheers again, MNG!

Here we go!

The award for...........
    most craziest, funniest user - kittenkiller (yo crazzeeee :) )
    best mod - Gandalf (does absolutely nothing!)
    loveable w@nker award - Sangre (keep up the sarcasm!)
    most incredibly interesting person - Red Alert
    best haircut - kasintahan
    biggest pisshead excluding yours truly - Peachypants
    sharking fellow UCD boards users - Peachypants (are you in 3 figures now?)
    most sciency person you will unfortunately ever meet - tribulus (aka Science Boy)
    most likely to fail their repeat exams - Sebthebum
    most likely to be dead this time next year - Zane from MTV2
    d award 4 sum1 who uses txt lnguge 4 their posts all d time - Alana (hope you didn't use the ol txt language for your Geog exam!)
    person who I don't know who I would most like to meet - Rainbow Kirby (Go Nintendo!)
    best male - Zane from MTV2 :cool:
    best female - Sebthebum :D
    sexiest male - Zane from MTV2 :cool:
    sexiest female - SORRY... this award has to cancelled as no female UCD boards users qualify for this award :p
    anglo-Irish tosser - Young Siward :D (Seb you got lucky due to Siiward being an even bigger sham than you!)
    no one likes you award - blut
    victim of the ''f**k lateasever bandwagon'' - lateasever
    the Roddy Collins award for college loyalty - Kev_ rc_ ie
    Best thread - The Longest Thread Ever! (We tried to copy Trinners and we ended posting one word messages in order to beat them!)
    most dangerous person - Blondie83 (karate, ninjitsu, knives the lot)
    random meaningless award for a randomer for the sake of it - Superman
    the ''lets organise a big society and dont show up for the meeting to make it happen'' award - Ferdi
    Biggest moan - Zane from MTV2
    The Pete Doherty punctuality/AWOL award - Mr. Nice Guy
    Nicest user - Mr. Nice Guy
    Weirdest username - Einsturzende or something like that
    Mysterious user who no one seems to know anything about - Bottle of Smoke
    Most boring user - Fergalscully (zzzzzzz)
    Most intelligent - Panda100 (medicine student.... nuff said)
    Most thickest - Zane from MTV2 (The Doyles bag + coat incident) :confused:

last but not least the award for best UCD Boards user goes to.......

ALL OF YOU! Its good fun posting on here and alot of you have been extremely helpful with many things I have asked about so cheers and have a great summer and please god I'll see some of you again next year. :)

last but not least the award for best UCD Boards user goes to.......

ALL OF YOU! Its good fun posting on here and alot of you have been extremely helpful with many things I have asked about so cheers and have a great summer and please god I'll see some of you again next year. :)

The award for biggest lickarse goes to - Zane from MTV2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

sharking fellow UCD boards users - Peachypants (are you in 3 figures now?)

uhhmmmm i dont know what "sharking" means???

but cheers for the "pisshead" award :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

can you guys ever think of something yourselfs?:D

anyway, good to see some awards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

can you guys ever think of something yourselfs?:D

anyway, good to see some awards

clearly u are keeping tabs on us so as to steal ideas!!! trininy boards not excitin nuf!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i want an award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

thanks for throwing an award in there for me ;)
    though it should be the "most sciency person you will ever have the honour and privilege to meet" :D:D :rolleyes:

PS was talking to young siiward last nite :eek: gotta love the accent :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

SPAMMER OF THE YEAR Sangre

See, if you actually knew what spammer meant you might be able to award it correctly to someone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

most absent poster: michael collins
    most dangerous poster: blondie83 (i mean how many weapons does one need?)
    best visiting trinners user: snorlax
    award for bumming around and being the most humerous user: seb the bum
    scoring award: peachypants
    flirting award: kittenkiller
    most amusing person: zane
    best put-downs and general negativity: sangre
    most intelligent user: i would imagine panda_100
    best boards convert: kev
    most helpful user: alana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Wow, two "most dangerous user" awards and one "most helpful user" award - I don't know what to say! I'd like to thank god and my family and I really do want world peace! (its a scene from Miss Congeniality for all the guys out there :p ) You'll all be glad to know that i don't keep my weapons in a bag under my desk in college any more, and I don't have any real knives (yet!), only a wooden one :) Anyhow my awards:

Best thread "Help, drop out dilema by Zane" - because its important to look at this side of college life too. "exam progress in general" came a close second though, purely for keeping me sane during the exams, and giving us all some space to talk about the exams and get stuff out.

Best user This was a tough one - had to go through a few people, but finally whittled it down to Kittenkiller, if you look at her posts you'll see why!

Best drunkard Zane - no competition here!

User I would most like to meet this ones a three way draw between Mr nice guy, Alana and Rainbow Kirby - hopefully I'll see you all at some future boards beer though:)

Mysterious user who no one seems to know anything about Tintinr35 - don't even know what course he's doing!

Trinity student with the most posts on the UCD forum Kevin_rc_ie - ya big spammer! (Ah don't go away though ;) )

User that most typifies the stereotypical student Seb the bum (again no competition here!)

Most resourceful user Red Alert (I've heard stories...)

most sciency person you will ever have the honour and privilege to meet Tribulus!

Most intelligent user Panda100 - for getting into, and doing medicine in college!

Best Mod Hmmm....another tough one, have to go with Tribulus though for the whole no nonsense approach to trolls

Best flamer Sangre

Best little sister Snorlax (come on, I had to put that one in!)

Best sense of humour Kasintahan and Alana, I don't think I've ever seen either of you get annoyed in your posts!

The "nobody likes you" award Goes to Blut - again no competition :D

Most stupid user Lateasever for his thread on exam papers

Most helpful user Red Alert - always gives good logical advice to people - keep it upuntitled1.jpg

Scoring award Well Peachypants you had to be in here somewhere didnt you?! Although Zane does come a close second...

funniest user Kittenkiller! :)

random meaningless award for a randomer for the sake of it Besty - now there you go!

Most necessary user Sangre - there's a reason all successful TV shows and films have to have a bad guy in them.

Most absent poster TheCzar - don't tell me you've actually gone and found a job or something?!

Best hair Seb the bum!

Strongest poster Zane for not dropping out at Christmas despite all the stuff he was going through with the people on his course

and finally...

the Pat Patterson award for best contribution to the UCD forum goes to Mr Nice guy for successfully organising the first boards beer I was at!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I like Blut!

I'm not evil, I'm a loveable rogue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

blondie83 wrote:
    User that most typifies the stereotypical student Seb the bum (again no competition here!)

Best hair Seb the bum!

YES!!! I was waiting for someone to make a comment about my hair that wasn't disparaging - oh, wait, you were being sarcastic. Meh. I think I have nice hair... b*stards...

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sterotypical student", since I don't think I fit into any stereotype of a student, tbh. But cheers for the award anyway, it's always lovely to get a mention...
    Red Alert wrote:
    award for bumming around and being the most humerous user: seb the bum

Marvellous. :D
    My mission to be recognised as having the most apt boards nickname is complete.
    most likely to fail their repeat exams - Sebthebum

Smart boy. You know me shockingly well, I must say. Creepily well, in fact.... Have you been stalking me for the last few semesters?! :eek:
    best female - Sebthebum

F**k off.
    anglo-Irish tosser - Young Siiward (Seb you got lucky due to Siiward being an even bigger sham than you!)

Ah, come on now, I am the most anglo-Irish person ya could meet - I haven't met this Siiward bloke, but seriously... This is rubbish, I totally shoulda won that award. :cool:

But meh, enuff of my self-absorption, continue with the awards...

If you must...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blondie83 wrote:
    User I would most like to meet this ones a three way draw between Mr nice guy, Alana and Rainbow Kirby - hopefully I'll see you all at some future boards beer though:)

Drinks on you yeah? :D Seriously though.

blondie83 wrote:
    the Pat Patterson award for best contribution to the UCD forum goes to Mr Nice guy for successfully organising the first boards beer I was at!

Yeah I set it up and never showed. Very Pat Paterson-esque. :)
    Sangre wrote:
    See, if you actually knew what spammer meant you might be able to award it correctly to someone.

I thought it meant a cool and interesting Southsider. ;)
    Nicest user - Mr. Nice Guy

It's true. I'm so nice it hurts. ;)
    The Pete Doherty punctuality/AWOL award - Mr. Nice Guy

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I DO NOT FLIRT!!

Do I?

Am chuffed to be mentioned!
    (honestly. & that's quite sad)

Cheers guys & i'm sure i don't know what i did in the YEARS i've known blondie to deserve such praise, but i must make an effort to continue doing it.

GO ME!!!

Couldn't even begin to nominate or issue awards as i couldn't possibly pick apart the wit, intelligence, humour, friendliness or all round brilliance of the all ucd boasdsies!!! (i'm lazy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

but cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars- the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death

Resouceful eh blondie? This got anything to do with first years? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

blondie83 wrote:

Mysterious user who no one seems to know anything about Tintinr35 - don't even know what course he's doing!

that wud be Arts the one and only!!!! repeating first year, hopefully ill get into 2nd,

i am quite the boards enigma, thanks for the mention want to thank my mum and dad for having me and god for always being there to get me through those tuff times!!!!!!! :eek: etc etc

ah no cheers for the mention tho goin to america this summer so ill give ye periodic updates on the state of the states!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

lateasever wrote:
    but cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars- the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death

I would win awards for most of these catagories.... mmmmm!! Hell!! Cosy!! Seeing as peachypants is the only one of the regulars here I know, I would like her to accept my nomination as the best person to cog history notes from cause I'm deaf and keep having to look at hers... I wonder did we pass??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Here we go!

The award for...........

no one likes you award - blut

lmao, irony? nobody may like me here but at least plenty of people do in real life eh =)

Id do my own awards but i really cant be arsed, ill leave it at saying Sangre is possibly the only other regular worthwhile poster on this board!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

yeah blut! we're all worthless unlike your good self!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

boneless wrote:
    I would win awards for most of these catagories.... mmmmm!! Hell!! Cosy!! Seeing as peachypants is the only one of the regulars here I know, I would like her to accept my nomination as the best person to cog history notes from cause I'm deaf and keep having to look at hers... I wonder did we pass??

YES! we did....positive mental attitude!!!

I'm sure your name will be up there next year for these awards....ya fúcking pisshead!! you're supposed to be leading by example old man!

uhhmmmm i dont know what "sharking" means???
    Oh yes you do! :D
    tribulus wrote:
    PS was talking to young siiward last nite :eek: gotta love the accent :cool:
    I'm just thinking to myself how Seb's and Siward's accents are so alike. They literally have the same accent what I would call Irenglish. :)
    blondie83 wrote:
    Strongest poster Zane for not dropping out at Christmas despite all the stuff he was going through with the people on his course
    Awwwwh *big online hug* :)

but if you're referring to STRONGEST in terms of being a musclemaniac then tribulus sweeps that award! :
    SebtheBum wrote:
    Smart boy. You know me shockingly well, I must say. Creepily well, in fact.... Have you been stalking me for the last few semesters?! :eek:
    Eh with a haircut like yours I think it would deter stalkers TBH
    SebtheBum wrote:
    Ah, come on now, I am the most anglo-Irish person ya could meet - I haven't met this Siiward bloke, but seriously... This is rubbish, I totally shoulda won that award. :cool:
    Well it was close but since Young Siward is a member of the Tennis club, that outdoes you in terms of typical British tosserness.
    Blut wrote:
    lmao, irony? nobody may like me here but at least plenty of people do in real life eh =)

Id do my own awards but i really cant be arsed, ill leave it at saying Sangre is possibly the only other regular worthwhile poster on this board!

Oh FFS you, cry me a river. I believe 99% of people would have replied with something humorous or sarcastic but that was sh*te. I know you are a Sangre wannabe but take some notes from Sangre if you ever want to become a likeable but rude, arrogant, sarcastic rogue like him. :D

Real life hey? Yes shock horror I do have mates outside of UCD4 :eek: I may not be Mr. Popular with the Arts dullards but at least I have a personality unlike some other people! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

- Most enduring drinking partner - Blondie83 (aka, Miss Blondie "three pints for lunch and then off to the library" 83)
    - Best dressed middle eastern correspondent - Pat Patterson
    - Best facial hair/hair full stop (including all the females) - SebtheBum (I could could swear he perms it:))
    - Uberwolf, Uberwolf, nobody knows anthing about Uberwolf
    - Ickle'ist cutest poster you just want to pick up and hug :) - Alana
    - The award for greatest intellectual Colossus the Northside has ever produced, ever ;) - Zane from MTV2
    - Most benevolent library sponsor - Mr.Nice Guy
    - Best online impression of a slightly wounded snarling cur ;) - Sangre
    - The Diageo Award - Peachypants
    - Most prolific PM'ing machine - Kittenkiller
    - The 'she sure can pick 'em' award :D goes to - Panda100 (see here, better luck next time!)
    - Most disaffected UCD boards poster :( - Blut
    - Most likely person to be in my class next year - Rainbow Kirby (I'd start work on your disguise now if I were you ;))
    - Most likely to be a lecturer by the time I'm in fourth year - Red Alert
    - Blondis83's bestest little sister award - Snorlax
    - Best supporting cast and anyone else I've forgotten - tintinr35, Bottle_of_Smoke, lateasever, TheCzar, Ferdi

I don't think they have any jobs for lecturers who go drinking in the afternoon! :D And yes indeed, Alana definitely does win the cuteness award - one drink and back to the library if i remember :p

kasintahan wrote:
    - The award for greatest intellectual Colossus the Northside has ever produced, ever ;) - Zane from MTV2
    Alrite man. Cheerz 4 tha award. Anyonesh wanna go bleedin' mentilly pizzed with a crate of Dutch in the park witt me Killer, Nails and the resht of the Northshhide masshive???? Boyaka!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

YES! we did....positive mental attitude!!!

I'm sure your name will be up there next year for these awards....ya fúcking pisshead!! you're supposed to be leading by example old man!

I got seriously pished last night. I was led astray by the young folk and the pixie people again. I just can't resist the lure of the full pint glass... I need help! There it is again... that fear of an empty glass... Feck it!! I'm off to the pub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kasintahan wrote:
    - Most benevolent library sponsor - Mr.Nice Guy

I'm putting Librocop's kids through college. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I'm putting Librocop's kids through college. :D

Maybe we should call them 'Librokids', 'kids' for short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

blondie83 wrote:
    random meaningless award for a randomer for the sake of it Besty - now there you go!

;) Thanking you. youre really living up to that rep of yours blondie

Advertisement