Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT tonight - exhaust question

Options
  • 02-06-2005 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I have my NCT tonight in Naas, and have just looked at the NCT website. On their test Checklist it mentions exhaust noise. What does this mean exactly?

My exhaust is too loud cause it's broken?
    My exhaust can be too loud if it's a performance exhaust?

Has anyone with a performance exhaust failed their NCT because it was too loud.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've had 3 cars go through the NCT with performance exhausts. 2 of them were 2 months ago. Both cars passed first time and both over 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Cheers ondafly, Interesting. i can't remember anything about exhaust noise when it had it's last NCT. No doubt it will fail for something else. Emissions anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Just because your exhaust is loud doesnt mean your going to fail the emissions test.Is it leaking or blowing around the joints?If its leaking or its got a hole in it they wont finish the emissions test because it gives a wrong reading.

Update : Well, don't know what i was worried about, passed first time. Not bad for a 1996.

NCT failed 3 years ago, and failed 2 years ago two.

Update : Well, don't know what i was worried about, passed first time. Not bad for a 1996.

NCT failed 3 years ago, and failed 2 years ago two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Good stuff but 1996 is not an old car it should be good for years yet.

It may not be old, but 3 engines and 170,000 miles later...

Advertisement